Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

COE for student visa 2020/6/21 03:33
Hello,
I am from Canada and I applied in March for a language school, scheduled to start in October 2020. I would like to know, from people who experienced the same, if my COE has chances of being denied based on my situation?
(Due to COVID-19, I still don't know when Canadian students will be allowed in Japan, but I was told that the process will still continue)

I took my father as a sponsor because I am only 19 and can't sponsor myself. I submitted his documents and he is stable financially. However, this is only for visa purposes and will be using my own savings to live and pay tuition. I also submitted his 2019 tax document (and crossed out his social security number to prevent thief, I don't know if the Immigration bureau will need it?!)
Finally, when the time came for me to request the bank certificate of my sponsor from the bank, I gave my sponsor some of my savings to show in the certificate, but this money 100% mine and got it by working hard. It is not show-off money, it is simply to show my sponsor had money to ''support'' me and this exact same money will be used to support myself.

I am stressing so much, because I don't want them to believe it is show-off money. My sponsor had 2.3 million yen (30 000 CAD) in his account but I wanted to have solid proof that he is a reliable sponsor so I helped him make it 3 million.

I did write a small letter explaining why I transferred him this money, but I don't know if that will do.
Also, I was not asked to submit any document that would allow them to view that. I was only asked for my sponsor's bank activity of last year (2019) and a bank account certificate showing how much he had.

Can someone please tell me if I have nothing to worry about or if I messed up big time? I have worked really hard save my money and to produce this application and getting my COE denied would be devastating I think.

Thank you!
by Hiro (guest)  

Re: COE for student visa 2020/6/21 05:44
I am very glad that you had applied for the Japan to further studies.

Concerning your situation due to the COVID-19, I think they are reviewing still the documents for getting CoE. However, the problem is that if you get the CoE, there is a possibility that you cannot go to Japan during 3-5 months. I hope you will have chance to go, because Canada is in a red zone for the Japan, which means people from Canada cannot arrive or if they arrive they can be denied to enter the Japan and go back to your hometown.
If Japan will open the doors for the Canada, for sure you can.

Also, you mentioned that you will pay for the tuition fee... are you sure? Because Japan is not Canada, when you can easily find a job with high paid salaries. First thing is that studies. Do not forget that you are going to study and in your residence card, CoE, visa will be written as you are a STUDENT. You have to study and think about studies. Do not forget that you have to pay for the rent of your apartment or mansion, transportation fee, books, living expenses, insurance fee...

If you really want to study, I think you can get visa without problem.

Good Luck! Wish you to get CoE and proceed with your studies in JP!
by John (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: COE for student visa 2020/6/21 17:45
Since the statements already showed 2.3 million yen, I donft think youfd have to worry that adding 0.7 million yen from your resources might be seen as a gshow-offh money.

I hope your application goes through. Also I hope that you do/will have sufficient financial means for your tuition and living expenses later – due to COVID-19 situation, even if you are able to come to study in Japan later this year, finding part-time work to help support yourself might turn out to be more difficult than usual. Best wishes.
by AK rate this post as useful

Re: COE for student visa 2020/6/21 20:30
Hello,

Thank you very much for your answers.

Yes I am going to study, I did not really think of doing something else. I aiming for university in Japan so that is why I am starting at a language school.

I hope that 0.7 million won't bring me trouble! My sponsor has a high annual salary (I don't know if they look into that?) and even got a letter of employment to show proof of annual salary.
So do you think it will be okay? I also heard western countries have an easier time getting a COE but I don't really trust it 100%.

And do you please know if the immigration needs social security numbers? I did not provide it because my sponsor wanted to protect his identity (we never know).

Thank you
by Hiro (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: COE for student visa 2020/6/22 09:17
While it's true that yes, western countries do typically have a bit easier time to get accepted, it's not always guaranteed of course. It depends on every person's financial situation and other situations as well on a case-to-case basis.

At the moment, things are still just slowly opening up in Japan, so we aren't exactly sure when people will be able to travel freely to Japan, but you can always stay updated and perhaps it might be a few months more before everything opens again.

Personally, I don't like how everything has been closed as quaratining healthy people has never been done and it also isn't even based on science. Just wish that everything would open back up again. Good luck to you.
by Motti15 rate this post as useful

reply to this thread