Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Covid and Travel Insurance 2020/6/21 12:28
Seems like travelling to anywhere from Australia is going to be difficult if not impossible until the insurance company's change there policies on COVID 19.
I'm a regular visitor to Japan and can't see that I'm going to be able to enjoy another holiday to Japan for a very long time. What are others doing about insurance ????
by diviva  

Re: Covid and Travel Insurance 2020/6/21 18:24
We're waiting for the insurance situation to be resolved.

I'm wondering if part of the travel bubbles that Australia and Japan are talking about might include some arrangements between the governments for medical expenses arising out of Covid, and maybe other expenses as well. That would no doubt come with some restrictions and requirements around testing and possibly restricted movement on return home, but might satisfy some travellers.

We had a trip planned for April/May this year, which we will be delighted to re-book when that option is open to us.

In the meantime, we stay home, travel and holiday locally where we can, and wash our hands!
by Who? (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Covid and Travel Insurance 2020/6/21 20:18
Most travel insurance companies' regular policies do not include COVID-19 in their coverage. If you wish to have it included, it would be prohibitively expensive, like in the thousands of USDs for example. I would wait to return to Japan when travel is not restricted and quarantining is not an issue. I travel to Japan twice a year, but am going to have to wait until this is all over.... It'll take a lot of time, and more for American tourists it seems....
by John B digs Japan rate this post as useful

Re: Covid and Travel Insurance 2020/6/21 21:36
As mentioned above - insurance is a grey area and will take time to fix. When international travel is available - I'm sure that a lot more advertisement for COVID-19 insurance + travel insurance will become available
by mfedley rate this post as useful

Re: Covid and Travel Insurance 2020/6/23 15:26
You cannot access Japan anyway. So travel insurance coverage is really a moot issue.

Wait until things go back to some normality. Then look into travel.

No insurance company is gonna cover you for a known event. Australia isnt the only one with this issue.
by H (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Covid and Travel Insurance 2020/6/23 20:31
I have since found 2 travel insurance companies that will cover Covid for an added cost so things aren't looking all the bad for a holiday in the near future
by diviva rate this post as useful

reply to this thread