Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Traveling to japan to get married 2020/6/21 14:04
I find myself in a strange situation. I worked in Japan as an English teacher for 2 years and met my fiance their. She is a Japanese national. In September of 2019 I had to go back to America to handle some family arrangements. I had then decided that I was going to go to Australia to help out a friend at their gym for a couple of months. While in Australia these shutdowns had occurred while I was still arranging my financial situation to come back to Japan. I have ben trying to be patient with the restrictions but now I fear I will not get to Japan within the year(our wedding is scheduled for August) . Does anyone know of a way I can get to Japan so I can get married and apply for a spouse Visa. Does getting married qualify as a special circumstance?
by Billy (guest)  

Re: Traveling to japan to get married 2020/6/21 15:11
In this moment, your life is most important than married. Even you enter Japan, you will go under 14 days in Quarantine life.Don't worry.vaccine will come within few months.
by Dana (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Traveling to japan to get married 2020/6/21 15:20
No one traveling from Austalia is allowed to access Japan unless you are a Japanese national. Wanting to get married would not get an exemption.
by H (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Traveling to japan to get married 2020/6/21 15:22
Oh and i would stay in oz. As USAs done a poor attempt at fighting the virus. So it will be blocked to travel for some time.
by H (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Traveling to japan to get married 2020/6/21 17:41
Firstly about lifting the travel ban:
This is the most recent news that Ifve seen that might relate to your situation (though maybe remotely):
https://english.kyodonews.net/news/2020/06/bc5f2c258fa5-urgent-japan-t...

They might lift travel ban from these four countries, which includes Australia, beginning with business travelers.

gSpecial circumstancesh currently:
I know that Japanese nationals and some non-Japanese people with families in Japan have been able to come back into Japan, but I donft know about those who are engaged (seeing that there is no fiancé visa). But probably worth asking the Embassy of Japan in Australia.
Or have your Japanese girlfriend call up immigration bureau to ask. (Have her mention your nationality and how long youfve been in Australia, etc., to get accurate feedback.) Best wishes.
by AK rate this post as useful

Re: Traveling to japan to get married 2020/6/22 06:54
I am from the UK.
I was supposed to be getting married in Japan in April, but due to the virus I have had my marriage delayed until whenever travel is allowed again.
I emailed the Japanese Embassy in London and asked the same exact question - if travelling to Japan for the purpose of marriage would come under exceptional circumstances. They told me very clearly that it does NOT come under the exceptional circumstances.
by Goosie rate this post as useful

Re: Traveling to japan to get married 2020/6/22 09:10
You won't be able to travel back to Japan yet until everything opens up, but hoping it's soon. Just to let you know as you said you're an English teacher.. You used the wrong "there" in your opening statement.

For the person who mentioned about a vaccine for the virus, you don't need that. The virus has been debunked by many doctors and experts to show it's not so dangerous and that the media are the ones who are making it seem like some "big bad virus" to scare people.

I've also done my own research on the virus, so please don't let that keep you afraid, because it doesn't just spread to you by standing next to someone. Enjoy your life and I hope you can head back to Japan to be with your future wife!
by Motti15 rate this post as useful

Re: Traveling to japan to get married 2020/6/22 09:14
Currently you have no rights to visit Japan. From Australia you would be denied landing permission and you would not even be able to get on a plane.
Even people with residence status are being denied entry and the "clarification" for exceptional circumstances published by the Ministry really keeps out a lot of people.

Wait until the official notice is updated:
https://www.mofa.go.jp/ca/fna/page4e_001053.html
by JapanCustomTours rate this post as useful

Re: Traveling to japan to get married 2020/6/22 10:58
Motti15, I think I'll trust the advice of health officials, and not someone unqualified who's done their "own research", probably just by Googling "coronavirus is not dangerous" and thus ending up with a closed bubble of information. If it wasn't dangerous, people wouldn't be dying and countries wouldn't have their borders closed. Keep your opinions to yourself and provide only reasonable information, please.
by / (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Traveling to japan to get married 2020/6/22 23:40
Just my opinion, but I think things would have to get really bad for you to not be able to make it to Japan within the year. I think things will be okay. Just be patient :)
by LIZ (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread