Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Shikoku itinerary - any suggestions? 2020/7/3 02:12
Hi everyone,

if the situation allows it, we would like to visit Shikoku this November. I was hoping for your help and opinions about our tentative itinerary:

Nov 14 ¨ Osaka - Tokushima
Nov 15 ¨ Tokushima
Nov 16 ¨ Tokushima - Iya valley
Nov 17 ¨ Iya valley - Kotohira
Nov 18 ¨ Kotohira - Takamatsu
Nov 19 ¨ Naoshima
Nov 20 ¨ Shodoshima
Nov 21 ¨ Niihama (to see autumn foliage at Besshi gorge) - Matsuyama
Nov 22 ¨ Day trip to Ozu + Uchiko
Nov 23 ¨ Matsuyama
Nov 24 ¨ Shimanami Kaido
Nov 25 ¨ Shimanami Kaido
Nov 26 ¨ Onomichi - Osaka
Nov 27 - 29 ¨ Osaka + Kyoto

Ideally, we will arrive directly at Osaka airport, and we can only move around by public transport as we don't have a driving license. This will be our 4th trip to Japan and we have already visited most of the big sights around Osaka and Kyoto (we will only pass by Kyoto to visit some friends) and we want to focus on visiting as much as Shikoku as possible. We are specially interested in seeing the autumn foliage, so any tip about it will be appreciated. Also info about food and local specialties :)

We are completely aware that it may not be possible to travel to Japan this November. However, if that's the case we will just delay the trip to another year, so please do not shy for comment with your suggestions!
by Okazaky  

Re: Shikoku itinerary - any suggestions? 2020/7/3 14:33
I think it sound like a nice itinerary. Do you plan to cycle the Shimanami Kaido? I guess so , as you are allowing 2 days. In public transport it should be easily doable in 1 day.

Enjoy your trip to Shikoku.
by LikeBike rate this post as useful

Re: Shikoku itinerary - any suggestions? 2020/7/4 20:27

I highly recommend a visit to Asahibeer factory in Iyo-Saijō, which is one station away from Niihama. Free pick up from the station, free beer and free factor tour!  
https://www.asahibeer.co.jp/restaurant/garden/iyosaijyo/index.html
by shinji (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Shikoku itinerary - any suggestions? 2020/7/4 20:48

Re: Shikoku itinerary - any suggestions? 2020/7/4 20:53

Currently, close due to covid19.
https://ishizuchijourney.com/en/spot/spot39/

Re: Shikoku itinerary - any suggestions? 2020/7/6 00:37
In terms of food, Tokushima Ramen is a well-known dish in Tokushima.
Sanuki Udon is an obvious choice for Takamatsu (Kagawa)
Shodoshima is famous for olive oil. Some restaurants have dishes that highlight the olive oil.
Imabari (where the Shimanami Kaido starts) is famous for bacon and eggs and yakitori.
Some of the islands of the Shimanami Kaido are known for lemons, but I don't know if they have anywhere that makes lemon dishes or desserts to try.
by Rabbityama rate this post as useful

Re: Shikoku itinerary - any suggestions? 2020/7/7 04:22
Imabari is also famous for its lovely fluffy towels.
Seriously, a piece of everyday luxury that will remind you of your trip. Everyone needs towels, right?
by Winter Visitor rate this post as useful

reply to this thread