Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Page 1 of 2: Posts 1 - 20 of 22

1 2
next

Travel to Japan in summer 2021 realistic? 2020/7/6 09:48
Does it seem realistic right now that my trip to Japan in July 2021 can be done?

(I live in Germany..)
by Keini (guest)  

Re: Travel to Japan in summer 2021 realistic? 2020/7/6 10:53
Nobody knows.
If both the EU and Japan get the virus under control - yes.
If they don't - no.
If they do, but there is a surprise wave in June - probably no.
by /\ (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Travel to Japan in summer 2021 realistic? 2020/7/6 11:01
We donft know yet. Business travel between EU and Japan is starting up now, but you never know if that gets expanded to include tourists, or if somehow the second wave hits and will be suspended again.
by AK rate this post as useful

Re: Travel to Japan in summer 2021 realistic? 2020/7/6 11:46
But, for example, what would be if there is no vaccine but also no second wave?

Some experts here in Germany think there won't be a second wave, at least not in Germany.
by Keini (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Travel to Japan in summer 2021 realistic? 2020/7/6 12:03
Nobody knows the answer to any of your questions. I'm sorry to be blunt, but the only thing any of us can do is wait and see. I would be much more hopeful about summer 2021 than I am of my planned trip in November this year, but again, nobody knows.
by LIZ (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Travel to Japan in summer 2021 realistic? 2020/7/6 12:08
No offence, but these kinds of questions are pointless to ask and I wish they would stop being asked, or that the mods would ban them! There is no way anyone on this forum can predict what will happen, even next month!
by / (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Travel to Japan in summer 2021 realistic? 2020/7/6 12:43
Sound littl bit like you think that borders will never reopen again if there is no vaccine, or am I wrongg? 0,0
by Juju (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Travel to Japan in summer 2021 realistic? 2020/7/6 13:55
One would hope so, though we aren't sure yet. Lots of governments around the world are politicizing the virus and using it as propaganda to keep scaring people.

If you look at the facts, the virus is proven not to be dangerous and one would hope that things will open up again. How do you expect people to travel and to go to other places in the future? Do they just expect countries to keep closing down and not allowing people to travel? It makes no logical sense to do that.

I know people keep saying in response "well you're being irresponsible to travel when the virus is around!" and that's simply not true. There are viruses around us all the time and inside of us, but this one in particular they are politicizing on purpose. Let's hope everything will open up soon.

(And for those who actually want facts and data, just send me a private message and I can provide it.)
by Motti15 rate this post as useful

Re: Travel to Japan in summer 2021 realistic? 2020/7/6 14:54
Tourism is going to be last in the queue. There is no definite date when tourists will be able to enter Japan. Tourists enter in large numbers and nobody knows if they are going to be abiding by the rules and wear a mask, which is why there will be fears of another outbreak.

Workers are prioritized first and at this time only business travellers, workers, technical interns from Vietnam are allowed to enter Japan.

Other countries that are next in line are Southeast Asian countries and East Asian countries.

If you want a definite answer, the only western countries that will be able to travel to Japan soon are Australia, New Zealand.

Although if you are not from these countries, you will no choice but to wait. But wait for how long? It depends on the Government's decision, whether they care about economic relations, waiting for a drug, vaccine that works against this menace, or simply just leave things the way they are for a long long time.
by testing (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Travel to Japan in summer 2021 realistic? 2020/7/6 16:44
I am a German living in Japan, but to be honest the behavior of many Germans is just stupid. As soon as they relaxed the restrictions, people started to assemble in the streets, go shopping like nothing is happening or just go on vacation. Germans have zero patience and therefore I can easily see the situation getting worse soon again.

But it is not up to the Germans alone, the whole world need to be patient, not going any risks and not to go to vacation because they feel like that. And as long as the situation in for example America does not get better, there is always going to be the risk of people from other countries spreading the virus again around the world.

Therefore I am of the opinion that the pandemic is not over, before there is a vaccine and optimistic predictions say, we could have it in the beginning of 2021, but I would expect realistically an even later date.

So in summary, if you can come in summer of 2021 to Japan depends probably if a vaccine is available or not.
by CityHunter1981 rate this post as useful

Re: Travel to Japan in summer 2021 realistic? 2020/7/6 20:05
And what if a vaccine is never found?
by Keini (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Travel to Japan in summer 2021 realistic? 2020/7/6 20:10
@testing

What do you mean by a long long time? Like ten years?

Re: Travel to Japan in summer 2021 realistic? 2020/7/6 21:30
@Juju, travel restrictions that last 10 years is very unreasonable. Even waiting 1 year seems to last forever.

Everyone's panicking because of the way the media is portraying things about the virus.

There always have been viruses, its just that this new one can affect humans. Also new viruses will always come out, and a vaccine will not be immediately available to treat it.

Every country will gradually restart their economy, and don't forget about the olympics because thats also important too. The Prime Minister has promised to make that a sucess. Everybody will need to trust him. And the show will go on regardless of whether there is a vaccine or not.
by testing (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Travel to Japan in summer 2021 realistic? 2020/7/6 21:39
Haha yea, if olympics dont take place, Japan's economy is dead.

Re: Travel to Japan in summer 2021 realistic? 2020/7/7 11:23
The answer is 'unknown.' Reasking the same question over and over doesnt change the answer.

Why cant people accept that. Surely in the past 90 days you have seen the world fall apart on tv. And know the reason why.

Life will be normal again one day. When it does, you will know.

by H (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Travel to Japan in summer 2021 realistic? 2020/7/7 12:02
"Why cant people accept that."
Probably because they dont wanna wait for years in any case^^

Re: Travel to Japan in summer 2021 realistic? 2020/7/8 06:59
Well they should just accept the facts.

Use the extra 12 months to save more and add an additional week to their holidays.

Re: Travel to Japan in summer 2021 realistic? 2020/7/8 07:44
But we just dont know what the exact facts are actually

Re: Travel to Japan in summer 2021 realistic? 2020/7/8 11:45
@Juju, that's because there aren't any exact facts about opening dates! That's the fact you need to accept. Nobody knows. Keep an eye on the news and you will find out as soon as a reopening date is announced.
by / (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Travel to Japan in summer 2021 realistic? 2020/7/8 13:15
Fact is borders are closed.
Fact is the that is unknown when borders will reopen.

Any more facts you need explained?

Page 1 of 2: Posts 1 - 20 of 22

1 2
next

reply to this thread