Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Farm work in Japan (Agency recommendations) 2020/7/6 17:28
Hello everyone,

my request is more for the German speaking people in here, but of course are international answers also very welcome.
I'm planning to fly to Japan to work there on a farm. I don't have any specific idea on which farm, because I'm pretty fit and able to do any kind of work. So my question is, did anyone ever did such a trip? Like working on a farm for at least a month? Did you organize everything on your own, or did you hire an agency for your trip?
I can speak English very well, but I also read that the people on the farm are speaking Japanese. I started learning Japanese this year and also have a lot of Japanese friends who help me with the language.

So I'd be very happy if someone could help me out and let me know about your experiences.

Thanks in advance.
Jasmin
by Asthalos (guest)  

Re: Farm work in Japan (Agency recommendations) 2020/7/7 11:26
Hello. Have you tried reaching out to farmers in Japan and to see what they require to work on their farm? I'm not sure we understand your question if you just plan to show up to Japan and expect to work on a random farm, or if you mean to actually get in contact with someone who works on a farm to see if they would hire you.

I'm guessing since you're from germany that you want to use the working holiday visa, right? It may just be easier to do some research online about Japanese farmers, the kind of work they do and what you could expect.
by Motti15 rate this post as useful

Re: Farm work in Japan (Agency recommendations) 2020/7/7 12:35
Note that you cannot work on a tourist visa, even if you are not receiving payment (food and board count as payment, by the way). You will need a visa that entitles you to work, like the working holiday visa already mentioned.
by / (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Farm work in Japan (Agency recommendations) 2020/7/7 16:58
gWorking Holiday Visah seems to be the right visa for you to do that on (if you are eligible), and WWOOF sounds like the gtypeh of organization you might consider registering with (not a personal recommendation), so that you will be able to find farms that accept foreign workers with possibly limited Japanese language skills. Farms and their people vary, and WWOOF does not provide any assistance gduringh your stay, so be careful.

Please check beforehand exactly what visa you need to come to Japan with (I suggested WHV above, but I am not a lawyer), and whether those wanting to do farm work from Europe are allowed to travel to Japan any time soon.
I mention WHV because in the past gfood and boardh in some cases have been considered gpayment,h thus you cannot simply come as gtemporary visitor,h though WWOOF claims you can.

https://www.wwoofjapan.com/main/index.php?lang=en&Itemid=435

by AK rate this post as useful

Re: Farm work in Japan (Agency recommendations) 2020/7/21 14:54
I know its an older thread, but if you are still interested: a German friend of mine
recently started working for a job placement agency. They have all kinds of jobs
available, for example hotel or farm work.

Wenn du Interesse hast, sag Bescheid. Soweit ich weiß helfen die auch bei der
Bewerbung für Working Holiday und helfen dir bei der Eingewöhnung in Japan.
by markiparki rate this post as useful

Re: Farm work in Japan (Agency recommendations) 2020/7/21 15:19
@markiparki yes please that would be nice!
by Asthalos (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread