Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Spouse visa 2020/7/22 19:09
Hi every one ,

I have a question can spouse visa can be cancelled by spouse...i have almost 2 years visa remaining and there is problem between me and my spouse.....can my spouse deport me if she go to the immigration and cancel my remaining visa or not ?
by Raj (guest)  

Re: Spouse visa 2020/7/22 21:00
Your spouse cannot "cancel" your resident status, no. However, if you are separated (i.e. living at different residences) when it comes time to renew your status, it is a red flag to immigration that there are problems in the marriage and they may not approve the renewal. And if you were to get a divorce at any time (no matter how much time you have left before your next renewal) then you are no longer fulfilling your reason to need a resident status, since you are no longer a "spouse of a Japanese national", so you would need to inform immigration within 14 days of that change. They would then inform you of the next steps to either secure a different kind of residency permission, such as one given to those working full time in a company, or inform you of the procedure for cancellation of your current status and instructions on the time you have before you must leave the country.
by scarreddragon rate this post as useful

Re: Spouse visa 2020/7/22 21:26
Still now I am the one who can manage other then that my spouse is trying to make me mad and she is trying to take me out from the home but as I said I am the one who can try to manage for the sake of my kids---but I am a human to and what if I can not manage then I will leave the home and change my address to the different place----if I do it it mean for the next renewal immigration can not renew my Visa? It's ok for me let's talk about divorce it take time it's not easy to get divorce in Japan as we both are forigners I will not give her divorce easily ----the thing which I want to know that she can not cancel my remaining visa ? And I heard that if u get marry more then 3 years or 5 years there is a chance that you can get long term residence visa? Well but thats not my concern as I said I have 2 years remaining visa and it's good to hear that she can not cancel my remaining visa even if I change my address the problem will come if I renew my Visa for the next time it's ok no problem for the next time
by Raj (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Spouse visa 2020/7/22 22:54
If you are both foreigners, then I assume your status of residence is actually "dependent of a working foreign national"?

f I do it it mean for the next renewal immigration can not renew my Visa?
It is up to the immigration officer handling your case, but yes, it is quite probable that if you were living at separate addresses without good reason (such as work) that they may not renew your status.

the thing which I want to know that she can not cancel my remaining visa ?
She cannot do anything with regards to your current residence status. Only an immigration officer can revoke it. If you get a divorce, then you need to inform immigration, but even then she has nothing to do with that outcome.

And I heard that if u get marry more then 3 years or 5 years there is a chance that you can get long term residence visa?
For a "spouse of a Japanese national", they can apply for permanent residency when they hold a status of residence valid more than 1 year (so 3 or 5 years). For someone on one of the many kinds of "working" residence statuses, they can apply after 10 years, or less if they are on a highly skilled status.

However, for someone on a "Dependent" status, you will need to consult with immigration directly,or perhaps an immigration lawyer, as the guidelines for those who are accepted are generally a bit more nebulous. Generally, that is for children on a dependent status who have grown up here in Japan.
by scarreddragon rate this post as useful

Re: Spouse visa 2020/7/23 09:40
You seem from India from your name. Is your spouse Japanese or foreigner? Yes she(wife) can cancel your visa by giving divorce notification to immigration. She is your guarantor and can cancel visa at anytime. You cannot stay remaining 2 years on same visa after divorce. But immigration will give you chance to change your visa within 6 month, they dont deport quickly. The people face big trouble if they get divorced on "Spouse of Japanese national" visa. Many Indians get divorce on this visa because it becomes difficult to live together after some time. Of course, there are good couples too. The kids suffer if parents divorce. Life if long journey. You can apply long term visa since you have kids too.
by Guest C (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Spouse visa 2020/7/23 09:42
One more kind information, if you live separately, its red flag, they may not extend your spouse visa unless you have good reason. Since your relation is getting bad, this is the time to change your visa status.

Re: Spouse visa 2020/7/23 15:33
Thanks for the information you give me alot of information my spouse can cancel my Visa if she get divorce and after divorce she can report immigration and if I will not give her divorce easily and she is fhilipina--i have 2 years visa remaining and is enough for me I don't like to renew it for the next time but I feel sad for my kids bcoz they will go to there mother and as all of us knows what fhilipina a people are? I don't care know I will stay the remaining time and after that may b I go back to my home town I will not renew my Visa that what I think now but if my mind changed then I can contact with lawyer and may b I can change my status

Re: Spouse visa 2020/7/24 09:41
I have good knowledge on spouse visa. You are eligible to apply long term visa since you have kids. Dont worry even if she cancel the visa. Be ready to change your visa to long term.

Re: Spouse visa 2020/7/24 16:05
Brother your situation is 80% same as one of my friend Nepali married a permanent Filipino women and he has spouse of permanent resident status they fight always and his wife kicked him from house many times it's all Filipino women nature just be careful don't touch her while fighting and yes she can cancel your status by informing immigration and if you don't divorce her she can divorce you be her self just signing the paper from city hall but can you tell me how long you have been married?
by Alanwalker rate this post as useful

Re: Spouse visa 2020/7/25 08:26
Thanks alot to every one Alan walker the problem is that bro I beat her and she has a proof and they call to police then after that we go to police station but police give me a warning that don't do it again I didnot understand is she is forigner thats why police didnot file a case on me or she didnot want to do a case on me as she said that police told her that you wanna put him in jail she said I told them no I don't like it any ways long story short they treat me so bad they didnot let me enter in home for a month almost then she has some conditions I m human to I m tired and some of her conditions are like that I can not accept it any ways I told her that you need a dog not a husband after that she let me enter in the home when I say her ok finish every thing ..5 years already we get marry and I pay all taxes and shakai houken .....contact with lawyer for change of status he said there is fifty 50 chance and also how she can bring the paper by her own if I didnot sign that my kids has permanent visa

Re: Spouse visa 2020/7/25 09:03
Let me say some thing this female has done alot for me when I meet her ist she live seperated she get divorce from the ist husband and while In the process she support me also financially every month*****we live happily but 3 months ago she was talking on phone at mid night with man I ask her to whome u r talking she say it's my relative well then after that I see there pics in her phone which they send to each other after that I lost control on my self and I slap her and punch her on her shoulders----well now the situation is very hard to understand bcoz when I come home after the fight I see the same man send her msg but I block that man by my own and according to my wife she said she don't have any contact number my wife create another fb account if she don't have his number how she add him in new fb Id bcoz that person deactivate his old account ....what's going on really don't know yesterday we discuss she said again it's his relative and she said to me that may b I got marry to japanese I laugh and said it's not possible bcoz I have kids but I say to her may b u will get marry shocked from her response she say may be----now we live together on and off physical relationship----dont know what to do I want to know what are the possible possibilities and steps that she get against me I want to prepare my self for that

Re: Spouse visa 2020/7/26 09:56
Brother you are lucky that police didn't arrested you my friend got arrested just for oral fight with her wife no touching but anyhow I know also some other people who married permanent Filipino and they all in the worst conditions now but in your case why you didn't applied for permanent resident if you are married 5 years and having 3 years visa now? If your wife don't want you to get permanent resident then make a deal with her I know Filipino love the money just make a deal with her some monetor something to help u in applying permanent resident if she still don't agree then don't worry go to immigration and discuss with then and show them proofs and change your status to long term you have 80% chances but keep in mind you should paid all your taxes in all years and paying regularly pension and you have a stable job and regular income

Re: Spouse visa 2020/7/26 12:13
Thanks Alan walker thanks bro I am paying all the taxes and pension since from when I have a job---i am very tired on every thing she take out some thing wrong what ever I do she has a problem----shd told me that they don't want to send me behind the bars they didnot do any case on me it's a warning from police and they give me a favour according to them my wife give me some amount now to support my parents in my country but I have to return it in small amount monthly-****well but still I feel hurt I m trying to talk to her about permnanet visa i need her guranttee that's it from her other then that every other documents goes from me but they have typical mind fhilipinos a very people of the world are them all of the family members are supporting each other in flirtings shameless people

Re: Spouse visa 2020/7/26 12:23
Mine one is not like that she will make any deal with me behind her there is his bro mother father sisters and friends I am the one dealing with all of them they put alot of negative things in my wife mind bcoz of that she treat me like she is the queen and I am an ordinary sleeve believe me when she say u didnot follow my instructions and she shout I feel to bad and wanna leave her then I think of my kids they are still young if I go they will not know any thing about me that's the reason I m sacrificing for them but if it go long then I will leave everything

Re: Spouse visa 2020/7/26 13:43
So you have only one option just go for long term status brother you will get long term easily .don't worry either divorce her or go direct for change of status without divorce but you will need a guarantor for your long term visa a Japanese national or permanent resident any of your friend or someone

Re: Spouse visa 2020/7/26 14:19
Thanks alot for giving me information I am trying that every thing will become stable if it works fine if it's not then I will go through the lawyer for that process I have a relative but he live in different city he live in Osaka and I live in Yokohama is it fine he can take my guranttee or not.

Re: Spouse visa 2020/8/3 13:35
Wow i am so sorry for what happened. But you know, laying hands on your wife is a no no. Event though she had done horribly to you. I am a Filipino and I am ashamed of their cheating cultures. We filipino women want attention. That is why most of us cheat! We are smarter when it comes to legalities too. I think that you can still file a long term visa because of your kids and also you must have a descent job for the needed papers. If the marriage life is toxic then leave.
by Missmiwa16 rate this post as useful

reply to this thread