Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Can i reapply for a CoE? 2020/7/25 18:30
I was recently planning to migrate to Tokyo around April just before the lock downs began worldwide. I had done the Certificate of Eligibility (CoE) application for an Engineer visa but now realise that I could have instead applied for the Highly skilled Foreign professional (HSFP) visa which I am easily eligible for. I have received my COE but havent yet applied for a visa due to border closures etc. My main questions are:

1) Is it possible to reapply for a CoE for the HSFP visa despite having a valid COE for an Engineer Visa ? If not, can i cancel the latter and reapply ?
2) Any idea if its possible to switch to HSFP visa from an Engineer visa after moving to Japan ?

I see that the HSFP visa has several benefits such as the points based Permanent residency ( 1 to 3 years) which the Engineer visa doesn't (have to wait 10 years !!). Hence am very keen to change at this stage itself if possible.

Many thanks for your guidance.
by UmaGan (guest)  

reply to this thread