Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Is my Japan Post EMS parcel lost? 2020/7/31 21:58
My friend shipped me some anime related items on the 5th of July via EMS. The parcel arrived at the outward office of exchange on the 9th of July in Tokyo and then was exported the same day to the UK. It still hasn't arrived in the UK after over 20 days! I already contacted Parcel Force customer support in the UK but they said they can't help me because the parcel hasn't been scanned by them so it's not in their network and UK Border Customs do not have it either. Each imported parcel requires to be scanned at International Hub in Coventry by Parcel Force to be passed over to Customs if needed. They advised me to ask the sender to claim a missing parcel. He already did that and Japan Post told him they are surprised my parcel hasn't been scanned because all parcels from that airmail container have been processed by Parcel Force. I really don't understand what is going on but I read similar posts complaining about lost EMS parcel to various countries.

TOKYO, TOKYO INT, 138-8799, Dispatch from outward office of exchange
2020-07-09 18:06

TOKYO, TOKYO INT, 138-8799, Arrival at outward office of exchange
2020-07-05 18:06

KANAGAWA, MIYAMAE, 216-8799, Posting/Collection
2020-07-05 18:06
by Cainshiro  

Re: Is my Japan Post EMS parcel lost? 2020/8/1 08:06
Not much you can do but wait. Scanned to exit Japan. Hasnt been scanned anywhere else.
by H (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Is my Japan Post EMS parcel lost? 2020/8/1 11:53
it is quite ordinary that parcels may be lost or may not be scanned in foreign countries.
inquiring by call is not sufficient. your friend should write a claim form at post office, if you are suspicious.
by ken (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Is my Japan Post EMS parcel lost? 2020/8/3 08:48
I've had things like this happen before where I thought a package was lost, but sometimes there is a hiccup with the transit or scanning and things don't get registered right away. The same has happened when getting things shipped from China as they don't really tell you where a parcel is until it's being delivered in your country.

I've had times where it said "arrived at local hub in china to turn over to airline" and stuck on that status for 3 weeks and then magically without any other tracking, it just says "package out for delivery". Sometimes tracking doesn't allow it to be known at all times, which certainly is odd, but at least it gets to where it needs to go.

I'd be patient and wait, or as the others said, just file a claim that the package is missing.
by TonyMontana1 rate this post as useful

Re: Is my Japan Post EMS parcel lost? 2020/8/4 04:28
I never had any EMS (Express Mail) parcel delayed for over 3 weeks. It's a big shipping box and a bit heavy (5kg) so I don't understand how it would get missing. Parcelforce told me the airmail container arrived in Coventry but my parcel wasn't in it. UK Customs wouldn't have it because it would need to be processed by Parcelforce first. I'm so worried because all my fan club cards are in that box. :(

It seems I'm not the only one having this problem. I found 2 other EMS parcels shipped from Japan to other countries and they seem to be lost as well.

https://t.17track.net/en#nums=EJ740881568JP,EG722206080JP
by Cainshiro rate this post as useful

Re: Is my Japan Post EMS parcel lost? 2021/1/12 06:54
Hi, i just want to ask. Have you received your parcel already?
I am in UK as well, and have a parcel from Japan via EMS its exactly a month today since it has left Japan and haven't received it yet. The tracking hasn't updated also, I'm getting worried.
by maii (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Is my Japan Post EMS parcel lost? 2021/1/12 13:52
UK-related delivery seems to be severely delayed due to Covid. I ordered something to be sent from the UK in September, and it took more than 2 months to be delivered to Yokohama, Japan. I hope you get what you want soon.
by Uco rate this post as useful

Re: Is my Japan Post EMS parcel lost? 2021/1/12 15:10
JP website states one month plus to UK.
by H (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread