Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Can I get a working visa? 2020/8/4 05:08
Hello
I studied Information Engineering at a college for 4 years and have a college degree now. Since I'm fluent in japanese I decided to start looking for a job in Japan, but then I read that in order to get a work visa you need to have a bachelor/university degree. I'm really confused, can I still get the visa? even if I went to college and not a university? is it the same? help.
by AC (guest)  

Re: Can I get a working visa? 2020/8/4 10:12
College and university are usually different names for the same thing. Is your degree a Bachelor's degree?
by / (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Can I get a working visa? 2020/8/4 10:40
I'm not really sure. Where I live it's actually called a "professional degree."
by AC (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Can I get a working visa? 2020/8/4 10:41
You need company sponsorship to get work visa irrespective of whether you have bachelor degree or not. If you are out of Japan, its difficult. Where are you now?
by Guets C (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Can I get a working visa? 2020/8/4 10:59
I'm living in Chile at the moment. Here's where I finished my studies..
by AC (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Can I get a working visa? 2020/8/4 11:42
A quick Google suggests a professional degree is comparable to a bachelor's (depending on the particular degree, sometimes even masters!). The more pressing thing for the work visa, as someone else has already pointed out, is being sponsored by a company - i.e. having a job offer from within Japan. You don't apply for the work visa and then go job hunting - you get offered a job and the company sponsors your visa.
by / (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Can I get a working visa? 2020/8/4 22:39
As a Chilean, get a working holiday visa and try to get a job that will allow you to get a work visa.
by Rols (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread