Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Is Miyakojima closed to domestic travelers? 2020/8/25 21:48
My wife and I are from Kanagawa Prefecture and are planning to take a trip to Miyakojima from August 28 to September 2, specifically to swim in its beautiful beaches. I know that the state of emergency has been extended to August 29 within Okinawa Prefecture. But I just wanted to confirm, does this effectively ban domestic travelers from visiting the island? If travel is not restricted, how about entry to the public beaches like Maehama Beach? Any information would be much appreciated. Thank you in advance. :)
by Koponov  

Re: Is Miyakojima closed to domestic travelers? 2020/8/26 05:44
The state of emergency means mainly three things:
- residents of Okinawa are asked to avoid non-essential outings
- tourists are asked to make a careful decision about coming to Okinawa now
- many tourist sites will be closed (according to my knowledge, Maehama Beach is not closed)

So, no, Miyakojima is not closed. But they don't want careless people to bring the virus to the island. There is nothing worse for a small island like Miyakojima to have a coronavirus cluster because hospital beds are very limited. On the other hand, there will be many tourism-related businesses on the island which will be glad to welcome tourists, as long as they are careful about not spreading the virus.
by Uji rate this post as useful

reply to this thread