Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Page 1 of 2: Posts 1 - 20 of 23

1 2
next

Can work in other place w/o changing address? 2020/8/27 09:07
I was wondering if I can work full time job at another place. I live in Fukuoka but I wanna work in Osaka. Is it possible for me to find work there without changing my address? Will there be any conflict?
by guest (guest)  

Re: Can work in other place w/o changing address? 2020/8/27 13:12
Do you plan to commute to Osaka every day? That seems excessive. How are you planning to work in such a far away place without moving house as well?
by / (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Can work in other place w/o changing address? 2020/8/27 13:19
I will stay at my friend's apato for a while and will split monthly apato bills with him.
by guest (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Can work in other place w/o changing address? 2020/8/27 14:12
So it means you are living in another address. Even if it is with your friends.
Most house owners do not like this system and your friend need to consult with the owner of the building.
by justmyday rate this post as useful

Re: Can work in other place w/o changing address? 2020/8/27 15:21
If found, you will be in trouble with your employer.
When you move into another address, you have to report it to HR. It's necessary for legal reasons.
by .. (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Can work in other place w/o changing address? 2020/8/27 15:59
are there any benefits for not changing the address ?
after you have moved to Osaka, when you want to change the address correctly (after you got troubles), it takes your time and efforts (I am not saying it is impossible, but, since you don't understand the language and the systems, it is not good choice to do that.)
follow the laws honestly. you will know that is finally good choice for you, especially for foreigners.
by ken (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Can work in other place w/o changing address? 2020/8/27 16:43
Why wouldn't you change your address? Surely your new employer would think it's strange to have your registered address as being in a city far away? And wouldn't mail still be sent to Fukuoka - how will you access it?

If this is just a way for you live in your friend's apartment without letting their landlord know (presumably so the rent doesn't increase), stop trying to break the rules and just do the right thing. It'll be much less of a hassle for you.

Re: Can work in other place w/o changing address? 2020/8/27 18:43
Plus, do you know how long it takes and how much it costs to commute from Fukuoka to Osaka?
It takes over 1 hour by plane (from airport to airport) or 7.5 hours by car. Air fee would be 10,000 yen per day.

Re: Can work in other place w/o changing address? 2020/8/28 15:41
I'm not sure what you mean by "full time", but your employer would typically be deducting regional taxes and insurances from your salary for you, so they need to know where exactly you are living (Osaka?) and where exactly your juuminhyo is (Fukuoka?).

If your employer doesn't have a problem about you not changing your address registration, I suppose that's fine, but I'm not sure how common that would be.

And as mentioned, the landlord of the place you actually live (Osaka?) needs to know that you live there. Also, the number of people living in the same space should meet fire protection laws.
by Uco rate this post as useful

Re: Can work in other place w/o changing address? 2020/8/30 10:10
Hi.
I don't see the problem or why others are being so negative.

If you are keeping your apartment in Fukuoka then that is your permanent residence.
You can work where you want and you can stay with your friend.
Yes, the landlord may not like it but you are not living there, you are staying there.
Fire hazard? Having an extra person is not going to breach any safety regulations.
Regional tax? Since when did employers take out regional tax?

We do wonder what the point is. I presume you will move to Osaka if it all works out?
by Ric (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Can work in other place w/o changing address? 2020/8/30 10:42
"Staying" implies it's not a permanent situation, perhaps one or two nights. For OP to work in Osaka, presumably they'll be "living" there - staying long-term. OP has also said they are going to split the rent with their friend, so they are definitely living there! If you've never rented before, you may not be aware, but increasing the number of people in the household requires the landlord's permission. And fire codes are something to be taken seriously.

Commuting between Fukuoka and Osaka is ridiculous, we're not talking Kyoto to Osaka here. Perhaps OP does mean well, and they simply want to keep their residence in Fukuoka for visits during weekends, but the situation does seem suspicious.

Re: Can work in other place w/o changing address? 2020/8/30 21:48
Since when did employers take out regional tax?

At least before I started earning a salary in the 1980s. By the way, I'm not being negative about the OP's idea at all. I'm simply saying that there are things you need to do to make it happen.

https://www.google.com/search?q=%E5%9C%B0%E6%96%B9%E7%A8%8E+%E7%B5%A6%...

Re: Can work in other place w/o changing address? 2020/8/30 22:18
Did you read through the company rule book? I'm pretty sure it says you have to let them know when you change your address.

Re: Can work in other place w/o changing address? 2020/8/31 07:39
@Ric - Yes, the landlord may not like it but you are not living there, you are staying there.
You may not be aware, but some rental contracts specify how many people are allowed to "stay" at a property. In my case, I have a contract for one person, and I am allowed to have someone stay "up to three nights a month". Beyond that, the rent goes up based on two person occupancy. That might not be common, but those are the rules I agreed to.
by JapanCustomTours rate this post as useful

Re: Can work in other place w/o changing address? 2020/8/31 11:57
the law says that you have to report your new address within 2 weeks after you have moved.

I think OP has a reason something like that he/she has a spouse status and does not want to inform the fact that they don't live together.
by ken (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Can work in other place w/o changing address? 2020/8/31 12:11
Hello, I'm back. Thanks for all the replies. I was just wondering though. Not going to do anything shady. I want to do this to help my friend. My family resides in Fukuoka (the Japanese side), I'm going to return there after some time. If I can't work full time, that's understandable. It's either I move in with my friend or go back to my family. Again, thank you guys! :)
by Guest (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Can work in other place w/o changing address? 2020/8/31 14:04
Can't you still change your address to live with your friend (if their landlord allows it) and visit your family? Why do you have to not change your address for this?

Re: Can work in other place w/o changing address? 2020/8/31 18:18
If anyone who can read Japanese is interested, a quick Google search on 単身赴任 住民票 メリット デメリット tells you the pros and cons of not moving your official address to your temporary workplace. Yes, there are both pros and cons, so it's not a weird thing to do.

Re: Can work in other place w/o changing address? 2020/8/31 22:27
単身赴任 is that an employee gets sent to another place by the company. In OP's case, he doesn't want to report to the company. These are totally different things.

Re: Can work in other place w/o changing address? 2020/9/1 13:16
In OP's case, he doesn't want to report to the company.

He didn't say so. And from his last post, I got the impression that he doesn't mind reporting to the company. Anyway, I have no obligation to speak in behalf of the OP.

Page 1 of 2: Posts 1 - 20 of 23

1 2
next

reply to this thread