Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Takayama Spring festival closure. Yes or no? 2020/9/17 18:23
Good morning,
I am planning a trip to Japan for next year (COVID permitting). The whole day of April 14 will be spent in Takayama on the occasion of the festival. On the day of April 15th, in the morning, I will go to Shirakawa-go.
After the introduction, I would like to know if there is something significant or interesting on the 2nd day of the festival and if it is interesting to stay at the end of the same, with some particular activity or show of various kinds.
I ask this because in case it was not interesting, from Shirakawa-go I would move to Kanazawa not wasting useless time in returning to Takayama.

Thanks everyone for the answers, have a nice day.
by ZioNick  

Re: Takayama Spring festival closure. Yes or no? 2020/9/20 02:34
I Love Takayama. I am 100% sure you will satisfied
Festival schedule will coming in near future
by Daina (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Takayama Spring festival closure. Yes or no? 2020/9/22 19:06
Hello Daina! Thanks for your answer!

In detail do you suggest to see even the Festival closure with the arrival at Hieji sanctuary at 4pm? Or isn't it so "nice"?
I ask this because otherwise from ShirakawaGo I will go to Kanazawa (and in this way I would not have time loss for the trip from ShirakawaGo-Takayama and then Takayama-Kanazawa). Thanks!
by ZioNick rate this post as useful

Re: Takayama Spring festival closure. Yes or no? 2020/9/23 14:40
Based on my experience I will give you some information
Japan is very very expensive country so going from A to B can cost several thousands yen.However I always buy 18 kippu cost =12050 yen unlimited travel for 5 days.you know takayama is a mountainous city in Gifu prefecture. Now in takayama you can buy nohi bus 1 day pass
Takumi bus sarubobo bus Day pass machinami bus day pass you can visit takayama by JR nation wide pass

Now Festival: suppose for covid reason the organizing committee cancel the festival but Does it mean :Foreigners refuse to visit this great city.no,if we have time and money then surely we visit takayama
But we spend money wisely on transportation. how?
I went by 18 kippu.
Mr A went takayama by JR national pass
Mr B went by rental car
Now it is individuals choice and interest.

by Daina (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Takayama Spring festival closure. Yes or no? 2020/9/23 14:44
Takayama is a great place even without festival! Have been several times, and 2-3 days always feels like not enough.
by girlwithpearl (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Takayama Spring festival closure. Yes or no? 2020/9/23 17:15
Thank you both for the replies. Actually my question was another. I would like to know if it is worth staying on the second day of the Festival in Takayama (i.e. if significant events are taking place). From your experience, does the second day feature any significant events? If there aren't any, I would move straight to Kanazawa where I have several things to do planned.

Re: Takayama Spring festival closure. Yes or no? 2020/9/23 18:40
This was the planning for the 2019 Spring festival:
http://kankou.city.takayama.lg.jp/2000002/2000024/2001064.html

English leaflet (more can be found in the page linked above):
http://kankou.city.takayama.lg.jp/_res/projects/kankou/_page_/002/001/...

Day 2 is similar as day 1, with different yatai being paraded, but no nighttime events.
by ML (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Takayama Spring festival closure. Yes or no? 2020/9/28 17:21
Hello! Thanks everyone for the answers. You helped us a lot!

reply to this thread