Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

How to communicate from Tokyo to Osaka? 2020/10/27 17:27
I am traveling from abroad to Osaka next month via Tokyo because I have no flight to Osaka from my country. As I cannot use public transportation service for 14-days after arriving Japan, so I am wondering convenient and cheap ways to arrive Osaka after landing at Tokyo. One way could be stay in a hotel near Tokyo airport for 14-days, and another way could be hire a private taxi from Tokyo to Osaka. As I stay alone in Osaka, so I can quarantine myself in my apartment. But both ways seems to be little expensive for me. Is their any other way to transfer from Tokyo to Osaka during this pandemic situation. Thank you.
by Hasino (guest)  

Re: How to communicate from Tokyo to Osaka? 2020/10/28 12:57
Well the obvious alternative would be to fly into Osaka. If there is no direct flight from your country, you would need to take an indirect flight. It would certainly be easier than taking a taxi from Narita to Osaka.
by Umami Dearest rate this post as useful

Re: How to communicate from Tokyo to Osaka? 2020/10/28 13:18
it means you can't come to Japan, without expense large money or violating the regulation.
if you violate the regulation, probably your sponsor will have big troubles in their future sponsorship.

I think many foreigners, who are eligible to come to Japan, give up (or postpone) their plan, because of that reason.
by ken (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: How to communicate from Tokyo to Osaka? 2020/10/28 18:12
Actually, are you sure that taxi is even an alternative? The point of the 14-days quarantine is to avoid contact with strangers, and a taxi driver is indeed a stranger to you.

My understanding is that you could only travel outside arrival port area only if you have family or friends coming to pick you up (meaning that in case that family or friend is infected, it would be trackable). I'm sorry that you need to travel to Japan during the pandemic, but that's how it is at the moment.
by Uco rate this post as useful

Re: How to communicate from Tokyo to Osaka? 2020/10/28 18:19
take a look here, it could be an option, for me it worked, but this last year.
https://wikitravel.org/en/Hitchhiking_in_Japan
or
https://www.timeout.com/tokyo/travel/how-to-hitchhike-through-japan
by pirataurbano rate this post as useful

Re: How to communicate from Tokyo to Osaka? 2020/10/28 18:24
Dont hitchhike. That is breaking quarantine laws. Kiss your visa goodbye.

Quarantine at a hotel close to you arrival airport for 14 days. You cannot use public transport options.
by H (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: How to communicate from Tokyo to Osaka? 2020/10/28 19:38
Taxi of any kind is considered public transport, because it is available to the PUBLIC.
by ... (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: How to communicate from Tokyo to Osaka? 2020/10/29 07:16
Quarantine in/around Tokyo - it might cost 10,000 yen/day, and that would be a lot cheaper than a taxi (which isn`t allowed anyway).
by JapanCustomTours rate this post as useful

Re: How to communicate from Tokyo to Osaka? 2020/10/29 08:52
Just to point something out regarding the transport and no human interaction:

In order to get to a hotel close to the arrival airport (e.g.: Narita => Narita-city), one still has to take a form of public transport - the airport hotel shuttle bus which does a route through many hotels in the area, based on where people on the bus are going.

So, depending on the time of the day/evening/night, that bus may be more or less full with humans. Also, the driver will probably help you with your suitcases by putting them in the bus storage area and will ask you where (which hotel) you are going.
by MrZaggy rate this post as useful

Re: How to communicate from Tokyo to Osaka? 2020/10/29 14:40
Thank you everyone for your replies. Keeping everything in mind, I rescheduled my travel date thinking some better option at the end of the November. I found the following website may be useful for me to stay in a hotel near the Airport or to stay in my own apartment in Osaka: http://www.kasumi-taxi.jp/Returnee-transfer.html#pageSection
by Hasino (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: How to communicate from Tokyo to Osaka? 2020/10/29 16:42
You might consider going to Osaka with a stop-over in another country rather than a direct flight to Japan (Tokyo). The flight might be cheaper, although longer. I have noticed that flights from the US to Osaka can go through China or other countries in the area, before arriving in Osaka. The flights through China are very cheap but you might spend several hours in layover between flights. A few hours in a foreign airport might be better than spending 2 weeks in a Narita hotel.
by Bob (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread