Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Nature spots besides Takachiho, Akiyoshido? 2020/10/28 21:18
I just found on the web a couple of places that I missed in my previous research of places to visit: Takachiho Gorge, Akiyoshido and Abukumado caves. Would any of these be worth going to for a day trip? Is there anything to do nearby?

Any other recommendations anywhere in "contiguous" Japan (from Kagoshima to Aomori) with unique nature that involves hiking, climbing, not-too-difficult biking, renting a boat, etc.? I just got a new JR pass, so I can get to any place by train (or bus). No driving license, so can't rent a car.

A few places I've recently seen:

Amanohashidate near Kyoto -- great view from of the sandbar from the top of the cablecar. Hiking on the actual sandbar is nice, but no different from any other hiking near the ocean. (The Tango no Umi train from Kyoto to there is also nice!)

Kamikochi near Toyama - very beautiful mountain hiking, with an option for a more serious route.

Togakushi near Nagano - a pleasant light hiking between temples.

Mt Takao near Tokyo - a pleasant light mountain hiking with an occasional view of Mt Fuji.
by snowytokyo  

Re: Nature spots besides Takachiho, Akiyoshido? 2020/10/29 13:39
So many between Kagoshima and Aomori. Use the hiking and or nature section of this website.
by H (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Nature spots besides Takachiho, Akiyoshido? 2020/10/29 16:44
Thanks, I actually didn't realize the Nature category existed!
by snowytokyo rate this post as useful

Re: Nature spots besides Takachiho, Akiyoshido? 2020/10/29 23:09
..There is always the Kumano Kudo in Wakayama.
by rkold rate this post as useful

Re: Nature spots besides Takachiho, Akiyoshido? 2020/10/30 02:38
If going to Aomori a highly worthwhile destination is Towada-ko with Oirase Stream. The lake and the trekking trail are beautiful, especially during autumn foliage season.

http://towadako.or.jp/en/
http://www.eco-oirase.com/en

by William5 rate this post as useful

reply to this thread