Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

I now have an option to enter Japan? 2020/11/3 19:23
Hi,

I'm from Thailand with Thai passport. I've been residing in Thailand since I returned to a country before covid19 lock-down.

According to latest update from Ministry of Foreign Affairs: https://www.mofa.go.jp/ca/fna/page4e_001053.html 8 countries, including Thailand, are no longer on entry ban. For the past 6 years, I usually come to Japan during winter every year, but I practically have given up on coming this winter. However, now with this latest update, if I really really want to, I can apply for visa to enter Japan for tourism purpose? Or is this still strictly for business only? So far I can't find such restriction for this latest update.

I understand that if I decide to go through with this, I will have to be quarantined for 14 days in Japan upon entry and then another 14 days when I returned to Thailand. Mostly likely I still won't go, but I still haven't ruled out of "what the heck, I'll just go".
by Sitti01  

Re: I now have an option to enter Japan? 2020/11/4 05:55
I am afraid that Japan is currently not issuing any visas for tourism purposes, and this is unlikely to change until spring 2021 at the earliest.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: I now have an option to enter Japan? 2020/11/4 06:52
However, now with this latest update, if I really really want to, I can apply for visa to enter Japan for tourism purpose?
No.
Some exceptions for short-term business, but mainly for long term residence (more than three months).
Tourism is not an acceptable visa/purpose for travel yet.
by JapanCustomTours rate this post as useful

Re: I now have an option to enter Japan? 2020/11/4 06:52
Sorry to burst your bubble, but if you read further on the link you supplied, in Section 3 it says single-entry visas issued from Thailand are suspended (like all tourist visas currently are). Thai citizens are no longer banned from entering Japan, but you need to already have a valid visa.
by / (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread