Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Using iPhone from abroad with Line Mobile 2020/11/15 18:03
Hello,

Does anyone here use an iPhone from abroad (USA) with LINE Mobile? I am curious to know if anyone has experienced any compatibility issues
by MrZaggy  

Re: Using iPhone from abroad with Line Mobile 2020/11/18 02:11
Not quite what you wanted, but I am in the US and on Google Fi and use Line both in the US and Japan. The only Line issues I've had are in the US and they had to do with my settings. Once I changed some of my settings I've not had issues. If I've had no real issues on my Pixel I can't imagine an iPhone having issues.
by rkold rate this post as useful

Re: Using iPhone from abroad with Line Mobile 2020/11/19 15:58
Hi @rkold,

Thank you for taking the time to reply. It sounds like you are talking about LINE, the mobile app?

Just to clarify what I am asking about when I said LINE Mobile, I meant the https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Line_Mobile (Line Mobile, a mobile virtual network operator service which offers SIM card plans)
by MrZaggy rate this post as useful

Re: Using iPhone from abroad with Line Mobile 2020/11/19 17:22
why don't you ask it at shops ?
so easy, because your spouse is a Japanese.
by ken (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Using iPhone from abroad with Line Mobile 2020/11/21 15:15
Hi Ken,

Thank you for your pointer. Yes, we did ask in one shop where we stay, the employee was not able to say anything more concrete than "yes, you may have problems. Depending on the network Softbank, Docomo and AU, you may have more or less problems". Of course, this does not prevent us from asking in others shops. It's just it takes little effort to also ask this Forum which can serve as an additional data point.

In the meanwhile, I connected my US bought iPhone with LINE Mobile via SoftBank. Everything seems to function without any hiccups so far.
by MrZaggy rate this post as useful

Re: Using iPhone from abroad with Line Mobile 2020/11/23 17:26
In general, as long as the phone is Unlocked and has the bands in use by the carrier in Japan, it'll work.

http://anisimoff.org/eng/lte_bands/japan.html

It doesn't need every band to work, just the one or two in your area to get coverage. Band 1 is the most basic and you ought to have that as a minimum anywhere in Japan.

IPhones are great for use in Japan because they've long had the latest 4g bands added as they come out. Pretty much anything from a 6s to current models will work in Japan unlocked.

Android phones ought to have at least band 1 for 4g in most big cities.
by Adorable (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread