Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

My parcel was returned to sender 2020/11/16 23:41
Hi, I was wondering why my registered mail was underwriting for 12 days and then returned back to the sender?
by Qi Zhen (guest)  

Re: My parcel was returned to sender 2020/11/17 09:36
May I ask from which country to which country it was sent?

Any chance that the post office made gattemptsh to deliver but the recipient didnft ask for re-delivery within a certain timeframe?
by AK rate this post as useful

Re: My parcel was returned to sender 2020/11/17 15:26
Ask the post office?
by H (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: My parcel was returned to sender 2020/11/17 15:42
It was from Japan to Malaysia and no the post office didn't make any "attempts". It just showed me "Returned to Sender" with no notice beforehand and no further details.
by Qi Zhen (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: My parcel was returned to sender 2020/11/17 17:15
May have been returned to sender as Malaysia is not accepting parcels from Japan.

This is on the Japan Post website.
by H (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: My parcel was returned to sender 2020/11/17 19:09
Oh, I see. I never noticed it, thanks.

Re: My parcel was returned to sender 2020/11/17 19:13
You can try to track your parcel to find out what went wrong at which point. If you can't track it, then there are endless possibilities on what went wrong.

In any case, I would suggest you make sure the sender uses a trackable mailing system when they re-send it to you. Tell them what happened and make them use it.

On a related note, I once had a parcel almost returned to the sender. I coincidentally happened to be tracking it when the parcel was about to be returned, and I had to make several phone calls to prevent it. Some people at the post office don't seem to be looking at the labels properly, even in Japan.
by Uco rate this post as useful

Re: My parcel was returned to sender 2020/11/18 16:55
Ah, I see. I'll see what I can do then. Thanks.

Re: My parcel was returned to sender 2020/11/18 17:16
I forgot to mention that, needless to say, you should contact the sender to make sure they have properly paid the postage (like put on correct amount of stamps) and have properly written your name and address.

For example, when shopping on-line, the website might ask you to type in your address, but if often shows up incorrectly to the sender. And if your name doesn't match the name plate on your door, the delivery person won't be able to deliver it.
by Uco rate this post as useful

Re: My parcel was returned to sender 2020/11/18 17:23
Ooh, I see, I see. I'll contact the sender, then. Thanks, again.

reply to this thread