Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Is Suginami a nice place to live? 2020/12/1 08:06
(Suginami ward in Tokyo)
by Haya (guest)  

Re: Is Suginami a nice place to live? 2020/12/1 10:54
It depends. Do you like living in a city? It's nowhere near as urban as somewhere like Shinjuku to the east, but much more urban than somewhere like Fuchu to Chofu to the west. To be honest many people would probably see it as a happy medium between central Tokyo and the suburbs. Good direct transport links to Tokyo, Shinjuku, Shibuya, etc. Honestly besides those things it's like pretty much anywhere else in Tokyo. Do you like living in Tokyo? If yes then there's a good chance you'll find Suginami to be just fine.
by LIZ (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Is Suginami a nice place to live? 2020/12/1 18:49
Suginami is a vast ward with a variety of environments. It totally depends on your definition of "nice."
by Uco rate this post as useful

Re: Is Suginami a nice place to live? 2020/12/2 06:43
It is a ward (city) of 560,000 people - pretty densely populated, but not too far from the central areas of Tokyo. As previous posters have mentioned, there is likely to be a lot of variety within the area, ranging from terrible places that I wouldn't consider even looking at (and I did consider living there when I was looking, but the accommodation I was looking at was old, small and over-priced), to other areas that would be way above my price range, but otherwise very nice.
Is it a nice place to live, that would be very specific to what you are looking for and the factors that make your local neighbourhood "nice". If I think about my city in Tokyo, there are areas I definitely would not want to live, but other areas that would be fine - I've been in my current place for several years because it suits me.
by JapanCustomTours rate this post as useful

Re: Is Suginami a nice place to live? 2020/12/3 04:31
Itfs a big ward, so it depends on where within the ward.
I used to live in Ogikubo area. It was very nice and quiet, yet not far from Shinjuku if you want some action.
I liked it.
by Oggy (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread