Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Reason for permanent visa 2020/12/2 00:43
Hello every one i almost live in Japan for more then 5 years i want to apply for permanent Visa..i call to immigration to ask about requirements .they told me that they need a pper from shakai houken pension paper since from when i am paying shakai houken and pension which i didnot understand well if suppose i go to the pension office what should i say in Japanese to them? My 2nd question is that i am on spouse visa my husband has permanent visa what is the best Reason for applying permanent visa ? I have kids and living with my husband so what should i write in reason of applying permanent visa kindly some one help me
by Ram Gopal (guest)  

Re: Reason for permanent visa 2020/12/2 11:02
For the reason, it should be why you want permanent residency - very straightforward question.
by / (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Reason for permanent visa 2020/12/2 11:45
- You can just ask them for the social insurance/pension premium payment record, isn’t it? “Shakai hoken ryou no shiharai kiroku wo kudasai.” (Please give me the payment record of my social insurance premium.) Did they say the health insurance or the pension??

- You can just state why you want permanent resident status. Isn’t it simply that you want to live stably in Japan with your family?
by AK rate this post as useful

Re: Reason for permanent visa 2020/12/2 16:53
you can get the written information (about requirement) in their website. read it at first.
by ken (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Reason for permanent visa 2020/12/2 17:17
Thank you for reply actully the question is very simple but its tricky last time i wrote to continue living with my family in Japan-they reject my application even i provide every single document―-thats why i am asking is it ok ―to continue living stably with my kid and spouse -?????
by Ram Gopal (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Reason for permanent visa 2020/12/3 06:35
i call to immigration to ask about requirements
Easily available information on the internet. Usual requirement is to live in Japan a minimum of 10 years. Shortcuts for HSP.
by JapanCustomTours rate this post as useful

Re: Reason for permanent visa 2020/12/3 12:03
As previous message says...

As you are not a spouse of a Japanese national, a "long term resident" holder or highly skilled professional, you are not entitled to permanent residency until you have stayed for 10 years.
The above 3 residency statuses get preferential treatment and can normally apply earlier.

You also need to be holding a 3 year residence card (meaning you still not receiving just 1 year cards at renewal)

I think you are being rejected due to not staying in Japan long enough
by Chris (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Reason for permanent visa 2020/12/4 00:06
Hi chris thanks alot as i mention before i have a spouse visa of 3 years my husband is a permanent resident of japan―-when i come to Japan i have one year spouse visa then again one year after that i get 3 years and now i get 3 years again―so i want to apply for Pr

Re: Reason for permanent visa 2020/12/4 10:00
Hi Ram

But you haven't been living in Japan for 10 years

Your spouse is not a Japanese national, they are a permanent resident. So being in Japan around 5 years in your case is not likely to be long enough. I think this is likely to be the reason you got rejected.

Re: Reason for permanent visa 2020/12/4 11:33
Chris and Ram,
I believe the shorter number of years required applies to both spouse of Japanese National and spouse of permanent resident. I am trying to locate the English page of MoJ, but the Japanese language page states so.

Re: Reason for permanent visa 2020/12/4 11:57
Hi Chris and Ak―-well today i call go the lawyer and wanna submitt my documents through the lawyer but lawyer give me shocking news because my husband is not working now so lawyer told me that my sailry is not enough my daughter is doing part time job from last 2 years can i submitt his kazei shomeshio along with mine kazei―――-chris may be your are right but i think 10 year is only for the people who work in companies etc for spouse you can apply――my friend wife got Pr last month she stay in japan from last 4 years―-i didnot expact that they will give me PR―-every thing depend on luck dear if they want they can give me if they didnot give me i will b nit hurt or sad――-i pay pension continuously from last 4 years and 10 months in that period i change my work one time but join another company agter a week and there is no break in paying pension

Re: Reason for permanent visa 2020/12/4 11:59
Thank you AK, once again it proves it's good to look at the available info in Japanese as it's more often than not, not available in English or difficult to find.

So, Ram, thank you for confirming you have a 3 year residence status at the moment.

It's likely the answer is yes, but I will double check with you, have you been married to your husband consecutively for at least 3 years?

Also have you been meeting the requirements for pension and health insurance? And did you give them the documents for this last time? I ask this because your first post mentions you do not know how to get the documents, so you did not provide them before?

Does your household meet the minimum requirements for income? Most likely you do if you were previously granted your spousal status but just to double check.

Have you had to pay any fines or been in prison?

Your reason for stay seems perfectly valid to me so it's likely just to be a missing document or something

Re: Reason for permanent visa 2020/12/4 14:04
Seeing what Ram has written – it sounds like she has been married to her husband (permanent resident status holder) for at least 5 years.

I guess then, Ram, your income might be the factor – your husband has PR status already, his income was reviewed at the time when he made his PR application, but work situation has changed since then. Now the immigration authorities want to be sure that you have enough income at least to support yourself, as you are applying for PR on your own.

If you are the one supporting the daughter, then, yes, as far as I know, you should be able to submit her part-time work income tax statement in addition to yours as the proof that she is contributing to your income as well. (But I am not familiar with how they assess the household income for PR applicant, whose household member already has a PR status – whether they look at only your income, or look at your husband’s together with yours.)

Chris,
This is the Japanese page: guideline concerning granting of PR.
http://www.moj.go.jp/nyuukokukanri/kouhou/nyukan_nyukan50.html

“2.” Is the section that describes exceptions to the “in-principle 10 year residence” rule, where it says under (1): in case the applicant is spouse of Japanese, permanent resident or special permanent resident, the applicant’s marriage must have continued for at least 3 years (also in substance), and also the applicant must be continually living in Japan for at least 1 year…

Re: Reason for permanent visa 2020/12/4 17:17
Thank you chris and Ak once again―i marry 7 years ago. And has no criminal record in Japan and also in my country as well-And i stay in Japan for 5 years and 3 months straight till now―-Last time i still remember i provide every thing to them but my residence tax is not zero―-immigration send me a paper of addational documents in which they want last 3 years tax-2017-2018-2019–i pay 2017 -2018 taxes but 2019 has not issued from city hall yet and i didnot give any explaination regarding that to immigration when i send 2017 and 2018 taxes and for 2019 tax i go to the tax department and ask there and explain that 2019 tax papers I haven’t recieved yet―-they said it will be issued in a week or 2 weeks but when i submitt 2017 -2018 tax documents to immigration next day my new tax of 2019 is in my mail box hahahhaha bad timming ―-may be that will be the reason or my sailry goes 3.3 million 3.5 million 3.6 million a year as i mention lawyer told me that my sailry is not enough bcoz we have kids blah blah blah....thats why i decided to apply by my own ――🤲🏻🤲🏻give me one of the best reason that i should write on application that i want the permanent visa for what Reason???????

Re: Reason for permanent visa 2020/12/5 06:29
You can apply, but it will be rejected. The rues are REALLY CLEAR - 10 years minimum.
If you submit through a lawyer, get another lawyer because obviously they either do not know the rules are are effectively just stealing your money.
You are not a spouse of a Japanese national, and simply applying with half of the required time in the country. (And that is before they look at any of the other factors.)
by JapanCustomTours rate this post as useful

Re: Reason for permanent visa 2020/12/5 08:58
Thanks 🙏 custom tour ―-i don’t mind it if they reject me As every one saying that i am eligible to apply get or rejected is some thing else―-i will accept and respect there decission ―-because i am forigner―-By the way is there any differences between Japanese national and non Japanese national if it is then i think they are so selfish for the japanese the rules are different then the forigners for the tax collection local and forigners are the same some laws here are very annoying. And look like selfishness sorry to say but for the tax collection Japanese and non Japanese are equal now its must that you pay shakai houken―-For shakai houken they didnot think that that person stay here in japan for less then 10 years――it hurts you know we are working hard we pay taxes and―-At the time when they send tax papers and dedicate shakai from sailry at that they didnot think that this person saliry is not enough if once you miss tax and not pay with in few days they send you another paper―――――-as i said i respect law and rules of Japan i love japan but in a matter of PR they treat you like some one give 1 coin to the beggar or some time person will ignore beggar ―i hope ourbcountry will become stable that we work there

Re: Reason for permanent visa 2020/12/5 13:14
Chris, Ram, and JapanCustomTours,

I found the English info by Ministry of Justice about the requirement for PR:
http://www.moj.go.jp/content/001241940.pdf

10 years is not required for spouse of Japanese, spouse of special permanent resident, or permanent resident (according to 2 (1)).

Re: Reason for permanent visa 2020/12/5 13:37
excellent, thanks AK! the info i found previously was updated 3 years ago and had no mention of spouse of PR having the 10 years rule waived. so i will bookmark the page you sent ready for when I can apply.

Re: Reason for permanent visa 2020/12/5 19:10
Wish me good luck guys i will apply this coming week―gather all the documents for the reason to get permanent visa is to live stably with my family――or i write other reason hahahahhaha confused―――-if they reject me that will be surely for my income even its bigger then 3.4 million but.....bcoz 2 years i go to apply for my kids permanent they reject and say me that sailry is not sufficent hahahahhaa

reply to this thread