Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Renewal of PR and zairyu card from abroad 2020/12/2 14:33
Hi all,

Thanks in advance for your great help.

I'm a foreigner, lived for about 9 years in Japan, obtained my PR and moved abroad about 2 years ago for work (currently non-resident 'permanent resident').
I am not planning to relocate back to Japan soon, but would like to hold onto the Japan PR for retirement/second home country to return to.

Now my questions:

- I have to renew my multiple re-entry permit in passport after 5 years. Is this an easy process at the immigration and no problem while continue to stay in a different country? I could do this on a short trip back to Japan?

- I have to renew my Zairyu card after 7 years. Same as above. Would I need a permanent address in Japan for this at the time of renewal?

- Apart from the two points above, I understand that the PR is without a time limit, but will I run into difficulties into renewing the two above let's say multiple times without having spend 10 more years or so abroad?

Thank you!
by Dodo (guest)  

Re: Renewal of PR and zairyu card from abroad 2020/12/30 13:27
*push

Any advice?
Happy holidays everyone.
by Dodo (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread