Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Covid test certificate upon arrival 2020/12/10 15:04
There are three different options in the COVID test certificate (RT-PCR, LAMP and CLEIA) that to be produced at the Japanese airport upon arrival. In my country, CLEIA is done quickly about in a hour, but RT-PCR takes about 3 days. So if anyone has experienced it, I would like to confirm whether antigen(CLEIA) test is acceptable or not during arrival at Tokyo/Narita Airport? I would also like to confirm whether children under 6 years needs to take the test? Any suggestions are highly appreciated.
by Guest (guest)  

Re: Covid test certificate upon arrival 2020/12/10 22:23
You might want to check first with the Embassy of Japan in your country, and then check with your airline too.
I've read in one website of Consulate General of Japan in a certain country (in Japanese) that all 3 are admitted by the Japanese government, but that the sampling needs to have occurred within 72 hours of departure, and also that some airlines have different rules. But I have not been able to verify this information in any other website (or in English). So i recommend checking it with the Embassy of Japan where you are. Best wishes that things go smoothly.
by AK rate this post as useful

Re: Covid test certificate upon arrival 2020/12/27 09:36
Two months ago when a friend went to Japan, the embassy of Los Angeles allowed all three for their paperwork.

It must be signed by a doctor, not nurse or other staff.

Fast (same day) cost her about $400 at a local shopping mall test center in Westminster, CA.

Requirements can change fast - always ask the local Japanese embassy by phone first!
by Adorable (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Covid test certificate upon arrival 2020/12/27 17:17
Rules have just changed in fear of the mutated virus discovered recently in uk and South Africa which is already spreading

https://www.japantimes.co.jp/news/2020/12/27/national/japan-entry-fore...
by LikeBike rate this post as useful

reply to this thread