Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Selling Homemade Toys 2020/12/27 16:41
I am a foreigner and living in Japan with a dependent residence status. My husband is also a foreigner and working in a company. I am wondering some ways to earn some money. I have made few attractive toys for kids in my free time and thinking to make more toys. Can I sell those homemade toys to some shops around Japan? Should I need to some particular type of visa for it? Please advise. Thank you.
by Guest (guest)  

Re: Selling Homemade Toys 2020/12/28 02:39
You don't need to change to a different residency status and if you are in Japan as a dependent you probably wouldn't be eligible for one anyway. You should seek permission to engage in activities other than those permitted by your residency status. In other words you should immigration services. You will need to return a completed application form along with supporting documents (gaijin card, passport, information about work, etc.). Then they will give you a decision when they have processed everything.
by LIZ (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Selling Homemade Toys 2020/12/28 11:11
when you sell it occasionally, you don't need to have any permission.
but, if you want to start a business by yourself, you need to have a permission.
by ken (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Selling Homemade Toys 2020/12/28 12:39
If you sell on handmade goods online markets like Etsy or Creema (many people do this as a side business/hobby to make a bit of money), if you make over a certain amount of income, those will be subject to taxes, but it is likely to take quite some time to get there.
by AK rate this post as useful

reply to this thread