Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Getting a Japanese language school visa again 2021/1/26 09:17
Ifm currently enrolled as a graduate student, but due to personal reasons I want to quit. I know if I quit my student visa will be canceled and have to go back to my country. Ifm currently job hunting but no luck so far.
I already went to Japanese school for one year before my bachelor at the same university, I was wondering if I can go back to Japanese school until I finish my job hunting?
Is it possible to apply for a Japanese language student visa again?
by w3ndy05  

Re: Getting a Japanese language school visa again 2021/1/26 19:29
You mean a gstudenth resident status/visa.

If youfve already attended a language school for one year THEN have studied for a bachelorfs degree THEN already in your graduate studies after that (all in the Japanese language, I assume), language schools might have difficulty understanding why you want to study again (youfd need to find a course that suits your language proficiency level) and the immigration authorities might have doubts about your motive for enrolling.

If your sole purpose for staying on a bit longer is to look for a job, for those who ggraduateh from universities, there is gdesignated activitiesh resident status, to which you could apply to change, and the purpose is to allow time to do job hunting. I do not remember exactly how long that was, though, probably maximum of 6 months, and I am not sure if this applies to researcher positions.

After you quit your studies and report to immigration that you quit studies (this needs to be done within 14 days of quitting), I believe you will be granted a few months (letfs say 2, 3 months) to tie up loose ends and move out of your apartment, etc., and get ready to leave the country. (I donft know how that is handled under this COVID-19 situation.)
by AK rate this post as useful

reply to this thread