Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Killing a goat for food 2021/1/26 13:46
Hello guys
happy new year all, i have a question.
i live in yamaguchi, i bought a small goat about a year ago and now the goat is big i want to know if its possible to kill the goat for food and BBQ
any advice will be appreciated
by teemac  

Re: Killing a goat for food 2021/1/26 14:24
Killing a goat in a place that is not a designated slaughterhouse run by professionals is prohibited by the law. (Slaughterhouse Act Article 13).
by Tai (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Killing a goat for food 2021/1/26 15:44
thank you for your responds, how do i search for slaughter house in my area? what is it called in Japanese?
by teemac rate this post as useful

Re: Killing a goat for food 2021/1/28 05:17
The problem here is that if you don't know how to say slaughterhouse in Japanese (屠殺場), I think you are REALLY going to struggle with the process of getting an animal slaughtered. If you don't speak Japanese I don't think you are going to have much luck just rolling up to a slaughterhouse, gesturing at this animal you have bought and hoping the butcher understands.
by LIZ (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Killing a goat for food 2021/1/28 09:35
We don't say 屠殺場 anymore.

To answer the OP's question, I'm sure you have registered your goat, because that is what you're supposed to do when you want to own one. Perhaps you can ask the registration office for more details. The following link is a mere example just for reference.
http://saga.lin.gr.jp/eisei/yajitohitujisiyou.pdf
by Uco rate this post as useful

Re: Killing a goat for food 2021/1/28 10:51
thanks Guys all your advice is well taken, i have just contacted the animal center in my city they will send me forms to fill.
will update you guys about development. i appreciate you all.

Re: Killing a goat for food 2021/2/5 12:35
I find it sad that you want to kill your goat
by david (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Killing a goat for food 2021/2/5 13:15
Hello David i understand how you feel, if you rather take care of both goats you can come and get em
my job is time consuming i cant take care of em at the moment.
sorry about that.

reply to this thread