Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Fired from 7-11 okay to apply to another one? 2021/2/2 15:19
Hi everyone,

I've been in japan for about 2 years. Last summer I was working at a 7-11. Things were going well, but after a few months I got sick and missed two days of work. I did call a let them know i was sick. 3 days after I called i got a letter from the owner saying he was disappointed in me not coming to work and that was being fired for not coming in. As i was in school at the same time my feeling were "well fuck you too then, who fires a sick person without even talking to them."

I'm on break from school now and would like to apply for some 7-11's closer to my home. where i live its pretty much the only reasonable place to work part time. other part time jobs are over an hour and a a half away, but there are like 5 7-11's 30mins or so from my home.

My worry is that they will call my old 7-11 and he will say bad things about me. I've heard its against the law to bad mouth a ex empolyee, but no one can confirm if this is true. I was never late, always worked overtime and even helped train some of the new Japanese workers. Everyone was shocked he even fired me or at least acted shocked on LINE.
by ex conbini (guest)  

Re: Fired from 7-11 okay to apply to another one? 2021/2/2 16:42
Well, if I understand you correctly, it seems you have nothing to lose by applying for another 7-11. You'd either be hired or not. Your reputation won't get worse.

I'm also sure you will not bad-mouth your former boss, as that itself wouldn't look good. Instead, you can tell the facts without saying anything bad about the person who fired you. Good luck.
by Uco rate this post as useful

Re: Fired from 7-11 okay to apply to another one? 2021/2/2 23:23
I have never heard of it being against the law for an employer to be honest about a bad employee when contacted by a company that is considering hiring them. I think they are allowed to be honest about the employee's faults and/or that it's not someone they recommend. I think they state these things in soft terms, but they can still convey the negative sentiment.
by Rabbityama rate this post as useful

reply to this thread