Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Change spouse visa to permanent visa 2021/2/27 19:30
I am spouse of Japanese with 3 years visa and we have child , my visa will finish this year and I want to know should I renew to more 3 years or for permenant visa . I do part time job and want to know can I change to permanent visa or not .

Thanks
by Hagin (guest)  

Re: Change spouse visa to permanent visa 2021/2/28 05:34
Having been married for at least three years, you fulfill a main condition for being able to apply for permanent residency. But the process can take many months, and if the "visa" expires before you are granted permanent residency, then you will have to extend it once more.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: Change spouse visa to permanent visa 2021/2/28 10:13
You can apply but as you mention you have a kid and you are doing part time job not full time as much as i know last time i discuss it with a lawyer i am full time worker mean to say work 11 hours a day\lawyer told me that your sailry per year will be must 3 million\3 years pay shakai houken\-your wife is working or not?if yes how much is the sailry of her per year just attach her income and tax paid kazi nad nouzei shomeishu if you want to apply\-thats what lawyer told me and my sailry is 4 million a year but last time i was rejected bcoz they told me your sailry is not enough
by Rahul (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Change spouse visa to permanent visa 2021/2/28 12:01
Thanks a lot for replying.

I want to know can I depend on my wife tax paper when applying for permanent visa or not .

Second, if I can not apply for permanent visa for how long should I extend my visa , ex. For more 3 years or what?

Thanks in advance
by Hagin (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Change spouse visa to permanent visa 2021/2/28 18:04
I think so you can attach your wife tax papers etc if you can apply\-but your sailry will b above then 2800000 to 3 million yen per year and for extension there is no problem

Re: Change spouse visa to permanent visa 2021/2/28 18:32
Thank you so much for your reply

Excuse that annual Salary before tax or after tax cutting and if I want to extend it will be for more 3 years or 5 ?

by Magin (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Change spouse visa to permanent visa 2021/2/28 20:12
When you apply, you should ask for the maximum number of years – so 5 years. They might give you 3 years, or you might get 5 years.
by AK rate this post as useful

Re: Change spouse visa to permanent visa 2021/2/28 20:37
It will be before tax cutting\-recently i apply for 5 years but they give me 3 years depend on the immigration but write in application forum 5 years if you have luck they will give you 5 years other wise they will give you 3 years

Re: Change spouse visa to permanent visa 2021/2/28 21:22
🙏🙏🙏❤❤❤

Re: Change spouse visa to permanent visa 2021/2/28 21:28
Thanks so much for help

I want to know if I apply now and I have child 2 years old can be positive for my situation or there is no relation at all !

Re: Change spouse visa to permanent visa 2021/3/1 15:35
I have also a kid and i am working almost 11 hours a day but my wife didnot work as you mention you are doing part time and your wife is working i canft say any thing but i have to say good luck and hope every thing goes in a favour of you

Re: Change spouse visa to permanent visa 2021/3/1 20:57
Thank you for reply

There is misunderstanding my dear . My contract is part time but in fact I do more than 40 hours per week and I pay tax every year also according to that but I my contract is not full time . I hope you can catch the meaning now

Re: Change spouse visa to permanent visa 2021/3/2 09:23
There is no point asking for reassurance here – others can share their experiences, but only the immigration authorities will know the answer.
Having said that, however, working full-time job hours (though the contract is part-time basis), earning full-time income, paying taxes, and having a child, all point to someone whose life is pretty much based in Japan, and is making contribution to the local society. So those are good pointers.

Yet, since you say your current spouse of Japanese resident status expires this year – apply early when you have the papers ready, as the review does take time (ours took 6 months I believe, a few years ago), and see what they say.
by AK rate this post as useful

Re: Change spouse visa to permanent visa 2021/3/2 09:58
Just to add my experience. 11years ago ..

applied for PR at the same time when I renewed my spouse status (upon suggestion from the counter officer). Had my spouse status for 1+1+3, I'm ALTing part time at that time(less than 2 million yen/year), with one child. Wife not working but have passive income. Paid pension and insurance. Got my PR six months later.

So if you think you fit the requirement, then no harm applying. Best do it at the same time when you renewing your spouse status, since both require almost same documentation. But then again things may be stricter compare to before..
by @.. (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread