Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Page 1 of 2: Posts 1 - 20 of 23

1 2
next

Unable to cancel Japanican hotel 2021/4/4 14:00
Hi,

I booked a hotel thru Japanican in January for a stay in May. The reservation has free cancellation before April 16. Since foreign travelers aren't being allowed to enter, I've been trying to cancel the reservation on the Japanican website for the past week.

When I'm in My Bookings and attempt to cancel, I receive the following message - 'This action is currently not available online". It says to contact Japanican.com Customer Support and provides a number to call from overseas (U.S.). I'd prefer not to make an international call, but I can't find an email for Customer Support.

Any ideas on how to reach them (or cancel the reservation)?

Henry
by henry5387  

Re: Unable to cancel Japanican hotel 2021/4/4 22:56
Are you sure the phone number is not toll free? How about contacting via their official Facebook account that you can jump to from the bottom of their homepage? Or how about contacting directly to the hotel?

https://www.japanican.com/
by Uco rate this post as useful

Re: Unable to cancel Japanican hotel 2021/4/5 00:39
Uco - Thanks for the reply!

The Japanican Customer Support number is +81-3-6219-8682. I don't think this is toll-free.

Good idea! I will post a message on their Facebook page.

The hotel is the Hiroshima Airport Hotel. The website has a phone number, again an international call.
by henry5387 rate this post as useful

Re: Unable to cancel Japanican hotel 2021/4/5 00:43
Japanican hasn't posted on their Facebook page in over a year. We'll see if they get back to me.

Re: Unable to cancel Japanican hotel 2021/4/5 01:14
I guess you could also try contacting JTB (which does have US phone numbers) because JapanICan is a subsidiary of JTB.

I don't know if they can help you but they might have a better contact for Japanican.
https://www.jtbusa.com/
by rkold rate this post as useful

Re: Unable to cancel Japanican hotel 2021/4/6 18:50
the reason to find email address is to save money (or don't want to pay money for calling)
I believe that JTB and Jananican, both have no obligation to response to unexpected messages, because they don't show their email address to public.
OP knows the correct phone number. just use it for calling. it costs very cheap recently. for example, I can call from Japan to USA at only less than 10 yen per minute.
by ken (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Unable to cancel Japanican hotel 2021/4/6 22:14
I agree with Ken that JTB has the least obligation to answer the OP's needs. Japanican has provided a contact number. Just because JTB is the parent company, that doesn't mean they have to waste their time to deal with it.

The OP can try various things within Japanican territory. But remember. Time is money, even for the OP. Rather than to waste your precious time looking for free contact, it may be just easier to use about five bucks to phone Japanican, and contribute to the phone industry's economy while at it. If you realize you need to stay on the phone line longer than you thought, than you could just hang up.

Another thing that came to my mind. Henry5387, have you tried using a different computer devise or a different internet connection? Perhaps there is a technical problem on your side.

Re: Unable to cancel Japanican hotel 2021/4/7 00:47
If you use Skype from the US - it's a little over two cents a minute....

by Maranyc rate this post as useful

Re: Unable to cancel Japanican hotel 2021/4/7 11:47
Option 1) Make the call, spend a little money on the call and get a full refund

Option 2) Email. Save money on the call and risk not getting any refund.

Easy choice
by . (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Unable to cancel Japanican hotel 2021/4/7 15:30
ken - I'm trying to find an email address or a way to send a question because that seems like it would be common sense for a business. I've already cancelled four other hotel reservations on the hotel websites for this trip (and on Japanican in the past) without any difficulty. Per minute rate to call Japan from the U.S. is $4.00. I wish I had your plan.

Uco - My last resort is to call Japanican, which is probably what I'm going to do. I have no problem doing that. I will try another device. You never know.

Maranyc - Unfortunately, I don't Skype. Living in the 20th century. :)

Re: Unable to cancel Japanican hotel 2021/4/7 18:35
Good. And you can't Skype to a fixed-line phone anyway.

Re: Unable to cancel Japanican hotel 2021/4/7 19:13

I'm trying to find an email address or a way to send a question because that seems like it would be common sense for a business.

I had an issue with a cancellation in the past with Japanican, here is their contact detail: cs_en_japanican@jtb.co.jp
by . (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Unable to cancel Japanican hotel 2021/4/7 22:54
is that address open to public ?
do you have a permission to show this address ?

you can show your address by your risk.
but, don't show other's address without permission.

Re: Unable to cancel Japanican hotel 2021/4/7 23:01
it is quite general that big companies don't show their email addresses (to public) for their protections from viruses. it is common sense in 21th century.

Re: Unable to cancel Japanican hotel 2021/4/8 02:33
Just call them! How much is an international call, 20 bucks? How much do you stand to lose if you don't cancel in time, hundreds? That right there should tell you what to do.
by Steve (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Unable to cancel Japanican hotel 2021/4/8 09:57
fyi - You can skype to a landline or a cell phone - I have done both.
by Maranyc rate this post as useful

Re: Unable to cancel Japanican hotel 2021/4/8 16:38
> And you can't Skype to a fixed-line phone anyway.

that is not true. i always call all hotels, ryokans over skype cause it is way cheaper from europe than if i would use my regular provider.

and if OP doesnt want to install it, you can still use just webversion.
by Glimpigumpi rate this post as useful

Sorry 2021/4/8 22:28
Oh, I understand now. I see that while you may not be able to video call with a land-line number, you can dial from your own Skype account to a land-line to save money. It seems that it's free for first-timers. Thanks and sorry.

Re: Unable to cancel Japanican hotel 2021/4/10 09:28
Thanks for your suggestions. I will call Japanican Customer Support.

I'm interested in finding out why I wasn't able to cancel on their website. Maybe a setting on my computer.

Re: Unable to cancel Japanican hotel 2021/4/21 02:29
It might be interesting to know what the result was (or will be). You might not be the first person who wants or needs to cancel a reservation.

I'm interested to know why cancelling was not possible, as you seemed to be on time in attempting it.
I'm also interested to know if this was a one-off mistake, or if this is some kind of structural decision on their part.

It might help other people in deciding whether or not to make a reservation on Japanican.
by thany rate this post as useful

Page 1 of 2: Posts 1 - 20 of 23

1 2
next

reply to this thread