Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Educational Awards in Japan 2021/4/19 18:59
When do students receive their medals and awards? I looked up their graduation/closing ceremony and they only mentioned receiving their diplomas. Don't they have valedictorians or first honor students? What about perfect attendance and other awards?
by Addy (guest)  

Re: Educational Awards in Japan 2021/4/20 15:07
Students receive awards from time to time. I'm not sure about medals, but some would receive trophies when winning a contest.

When do students receive their medals and awards?

Typically when they make the achievement.

Don't they have valedictorians or first honor students?

I don't think valedictorians or first honor students receive any physical awards such as in the form of a paper or icon.

What about perfect attendance and other awards?

Perfect attendance is called 皆勤賞 in Japanese, and a Google Image search on the keyword will give you examples of the award in the form of a paper.
https://www.google.com/search?q=%E7%9A%86%E5%8B%A4%E8%B3%9E+%E8%B3%9E%...

Here is another Image search result on the key phrase 生徒がもらう賞状 which means "awards that students in high school and younger receive".
https://www.google.com/search?q=%E7%94%9F%E5%BE%92%E3%81%8C%E3%82%82%E...

If you can clarify to us the reason you are asking, perhaps someone can help you in a better way.
by Uco rate this post as useful

Re: Educational Awards in Japan 2021/5/6 00:52
Oh it's nothing important, but thank you for replying. So they don't announce who's first in the whole year or section, and the second and third? They just receive their diplomas and go?
by Addy (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Educational Awards in Japan 2021/5/6 11:44
So they don't announce who's first in the whole year or section, and the second and third? They just receive their diplomas and go?

Often schools announce the level of all students mid term, so that they would know where they are and try harder to do better or to keep up. Upon graduation, some schools might award the first person. I'm not sure about second and third.
by Uco rate this post as useful

reply to this thread