Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Free observation decks in Osaka 2021/5/12 00:15
Hello everyone! I was wondering if there are any free observation decks in Osaka as there are in Tokyo, like metr.gov. building etc.
If none, so maybe some advice on nice restaurants, bars on upper floors with a good view of the city?
Thanks in advance.
Alex
by Alex (guest)  

Re: Free observation decks in Osaka 2021/5/12 15:46
While i agree with a proverb "money saved is a money earned" and "every money is money no matter what is the amount" i would also state, that if you have resources to visit Japan, then Abeno Harukas 1500 yen price should not break the bank. Of course, to enjoy the view - the weather should be also nice. Compared to Tokyo Skytree or even Tallinn TV tower in Estonia or Eiffel tower in Paris - the price per metre of elevation is quite reasonable. I have been in Abeno Harukas twice and would visit it again should i have chance to visit Osaka again. Tokyo Skytree - probably not, because the ticket is almost 3x more expensive.

BR,
Lauri
by Lauriandres (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Free observation decks in Osaka 2021/5/12 16:03
I think the best place in Osaka is the top floor of the Keihan City Mall in Temmabashi.

Careful though. The taxi drivers usually take you to the wrong mall if you say Temmabashi.

"Keihan City Mall is a shopping facility, which is directly linked to Keihan Temmabashi station. Nitori, UNIQLO, Muji, Junkudo etc., there are many shops in this building. On the 8th floor is a restaurantsf floor. To move to Kyōto or any other places, it is a very convenient location."

Great view of the river and city. Great during the Cherry Blossum time.

The top floor (Floor 8) is a free viewing area and has many resturants.
by Phil (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Free observation decks in Osaka 2021/5/12 17:03
"i would also state, that if you have resources to visit Japan, then Abeno Harukas 1500 yen price should not break the bank. "
No, not at all. I just wanted to know if Osaka offers such options as Tokyo does.

Phil! thanks a lot, didnt know about it.
by Alex (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Free observation decks in Osaka 2021/5/12 17:11
Though not as high as Abeno Harukas, Umeda Sky Building (near JR Osaka/Metro Umeda station) has an observatory deck (currently closed) at 1,500 yen.
by AK rate this post as useful

Re: Free observation decks in Osaka 2021/5/12 17:55
The Grand Front Osaka and Osaka Station City complex have some balconies on higher floors that are free to access, but the views are not very exciting.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: Free observation decks in Osaka 2021/5/13 09:14
I thought the view from the castle keep was interesting - much moreso than the views I've had from high floors at the sheraton and the swissotel. The castle isnt that high, but you are getting a bit more context.
by Lazy Pious (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Free observation decks in Osaka 2021/5/23 08:35
If you're a smoker, the smoking rooms on the upper floors of the Hankyu Tower Building in Umeda have great,free views...
by dunit (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Free observation decks in Osaka 2021/5/27 16:22
I've been to about half a dozen - none were free, but for what I saw, it was worth the costs. If you want cheap, then look at the Tsutenkaku Tower in Shinsaibashi or the Cosmo Tower. For the latter, I went on a weekday night and had the whole floor to myself. Tsutenkaku is really old-school - not bad, but there are better places...
Two more that everyone mentions are of course the Umeda Sky Bldg and Abeno Harukas. Both are good in different ways. The former costs less than half, and has both an open skyline on one side and close skyscrapers on the other. Plus a rooftop, unobstructed view. Abeno Harukas is like going up into outer space, almost.

If you can, see more than one - they are not all the same at all.
by Ken (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Free observation decks in Osaka 2021/5/27 16:30
Sorry..not Shinsaibashi - should've typed Shinsekai.
by Ken (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Free observation decks in Osaka 2021/5/27 19:33
Thanks Ken! Maybe i should try cosmotower, by the way, is there any other interesting places to go to near that goverment building?
by Alex (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread