Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Noh Mask Locations 2021/6/8 07:44
Where can I buy Noh masks in Tokyo? I am interested in collecting them. Thanks
by Nohnohnoh (guest)  

Re: Noh Mask Locations 2021/6/17 10:06
Is it suit your requirement?

https://www.nohmask.net/jp/hanbai/
by Snow (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Noh Mask Locations 2021/6/17 13:51
The earlier post seems to be a custom-made noh masks by an artist, and they say the material costs is 10,000 (or 30,000) yen depending on the type, and it takes about 20 days for the artist to make one (as an example), from which you are supposed to expect the price.

This site at least lists the prices – go to the individual pages to see which mask it is.
https://nohmask21.com/campaign-p.html
(From the left: product code, name, size (in cm) and price in yen.

The price includes domestic shipping – considering that it is delicate wood craft for which you are supposed to avoid heat or air conditioning vent, I wonder if there are many that are willing to ship overseas.
by AK rate this post as useful

Re: Noh Mask Locations 2021/6/18 11:41
@AK
They don't say you can buy a mask for 10,000 or 30,000 yen.
They say "the actual cost of materials/ingredients to make one mask is 10,000 or 30,000 yen and it takes 20 days. SO, PLEASE GUESS how much it costs."
The artist has to feed himself. How can one live for 20 days only on 10,000 or 30,000 yen?
by Tai (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Noh Mask Locations 2021/6/19 10:59
Tai, I don't think your opinion contradicts with that of AK's.
by Uco rate this post as useful

Re: Noh Mask Locations 2021/6/19 12:01
Tai,
Yes i wrote that they say the gmaterialh cost is 10,000 - 30,000yen, and the artist works for 20 days or so per mask - so the potential buyers are supposed to imagine how much the total might be. I believe that one is going to be very expensive, is what I wanted to say.
Uco-san, thank you.
by AK rate this post as useful

reply to this thread