Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Can i work in Japan using my HND diploma? 2021/6/14 14:18
So i am a HND in business management student in Myanmar and i would like to know whether i could join my third year in Japan but according to my researches most of the JAPAN universities do not accept HND but there are some but they said they need to look over the courses i took in my institutions.

Which will be the best way for me to do? I am really having a hard time deciding. Also due to my country's situation(Myanmar) almost all my future education plans is ruined. I want you all to recommend me the best way and also if there are schools i can join in my third year please tell me.
by Kellyjelly24  

Re: Can i work in Japan using my HND diploma? 2021/6/14 18:31
It seems like you are asking two different questions. Do you want to work in Japan? Or do you want to finish your education there.

Unfortunately if Japanese universities say that you can't join and convert your HND to a full degree, then you just have to take them at their word.

If you want to work in Japan then an HND without significant work experience isn't going to get you a work permit. You should go to another country that does recognise HNDs and do a top-up degree. I don't know anything about your country's education but in the UK topping up an HND to a full Batchelor's takes one year.
by LIZ (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Can i work in Japan using my HND diploma? 2021/6/14 21:54
Or, you mean to work as a HND diploma holder, joining an university with a student visa? If so, please be advised that student visa holders are allowed to work just part time with a permission. Many Asian youth believe that being a student is the best way to get a visa to live in Japan and they can work a lot without restrictions once they got a student visa but this is not true.

If you mean to study, how about searching schools which accept 'Hennyu', then inquire them whether or not you are eligible to take a Hennyu exam with your HND diploma directly?

If they accept Hennyu exam with your HND diploma, then whether they accept you to join or not is depending on your Japanese language ability and your academic level.

If you mean to work, my answer is same as above respondent's unless you work with a technical intern visa, which I personally don't recommend.
by Asiansenior (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Can i work in Japan using my HND diploma? 2021/6/17 11:15
Sorry to hear your country's situation, but my answer is basically no. I would also say be careful with someone who say yes. There are people who tell young people in your country, Vietnam, etc. that they can arrang school enroll, visa, accommodation, and job, regardless your educational record and Japanese level. They are not legitimate, there are many students who got huge amount debt instead of a degree or a decent job (I mean a job which isn't illegal) .
by kiki (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Can i work in Japan using my HND diploma? 2021/10/4 20:08
More than 3 months have passed. I wonder what the author of the topic managed to do during this time and whether he will be able to get to Japan?
by carlstensfer102 rate this post as useful

reply to this thread