Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Can i get long term resident? 2021/6/17 07:18
Hope you all doing good so straight to the point i married a japanese man 3 years ago and currently got 3 years extension our relationship not going well now adays i am thinking switching my status of spouse of japanese national to the long-term i am currently working as a full-time time employee ( se shain) i have family my sister here too she is married too and permanent resident she want to be my guarantor what do you think of your personal experience can i get long term resident?
by Nancy (guest)  

Re: Can i get long term resident? 2021/6/17 12:29
As far as I know, and I am not a lawyer, but long-term resident status is granted completely on a case-by-case consideration, and in the case of those who got divorced from a Japanese national, in addition to the applicant (you) having a firm basis for living in Japan (which in you case you could say you do, because you work full-time), it works in your favor if you have a child, for whose care you need to stay in Japan. My concern is that your marriage has been only 3 years so far.
Is there any way your current employer can sponsor you for another status based on the employment, or do you not fulfill the requirements on your own? Best wishes.

by AK rate this post as useful

reply to this thread