Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Can wife of HSP (ii) start a business? 2021/6/18 22:53
I am wondering if a wife who is staying as a dependent of a highly skilled professional (ii) can start her own business without changing the status? Anyone in this group has such experience in Japan? Please share. Thank you.
by Jimi (guest)  

Re: Can wife of HSP (ii) start a business? 2021/6/20 07:23
For the question as phrased, my understanding of the rules is "no".
Even if you got the permit to engage in activities (work) as a dependent, that would limit you to 28 hours per week, and normally assumes you are working for someone else (i.e. someone is paying you).
If you want to set up a company (which anyone can do) and then work on that business, then you need the correct status of residence for that activity, and "dependent" is not the correct status.
by JapanCustomTours rate this post as useful

reply to this thread