Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Shipping furniture to Okinawa from Kanto 2021/6/19 11:50
Does anyone know of any methods or services for shipping large items from Kanto to Okinawa?

I'm relocating from Kanagawa in a couple of months.

We have several larger pieces of furniture/white goods like sofa, dining table, washing machine etc.
Some of them we got brand new just a couple of years ago, so would like to take them if we can.

Seems like it will be very expensive to have them shipped though.

If anyone has any similar experience or knows of any reasonable services it would be much appreciated!
by WT711  

Re: Shipping furniture to Okinawa from Kanto 2021/6/20 15:27
Did you get a quote from a removals company?
And remember when you think it is high, that the alternative is that you need to sell /pay for destruction these items first, and then buy them again.

I know that even from Europe to Japan (or vice versa) removal isn’t actually that expensive. So it’s hard to imagine that removal within Japan would be that expensive.
by LikeBike rate this post as useful

Re: Shipping furniture to Okinawa from Kanto 2021/6/29 16:32
Just to add to the other post, there are websites that allow you to compare companies and their quotes. Google 引っ越し 見積もり and you'll find them.

Using those websites, you can narrow down to two or three companies, let them come to your home to see what they're dealing with, talk to them and decide later.

A lot of companies (even the famous ones) say things like, "We can offer you this special deal only if you decide now," but the websites would also allow you to reply, "Thanks, but I have to interview other companies, so I can't decide now."

Remember that "cheapest" is not necessarily the "best." If you remember any bad experiences with moving companies, ask other companies what they would do in the same situation. It helps you find the company that suits you and the items you're living with. Also remember that some companies are better at big families moving overseas while others are better at single people moving within a closer distance.
by Uco rate this post as useful

reply to this thread