Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Can I enter Japan from America? 2021/6/24 15:38
Hi all,

I'm currently interviewing with a company that would be willing to sponsor my visa if they extended a job offer. But is Japan allowing US foreigners to enter Japan right now? Or do I have to wait until Japan;s COVID situation gets better, and opens up to foreigners ? I'd really like to get to Japan in the next 2 months, so provided that I get a contract with the company, is it possible to start the visa sponsorship process now and enter Japan?
by John (guest)  

Re: Can I enter Japan from America? 2021/6/24 17:27
Instead of saying Yes or No, I would suggest you to see Japan embassy site, Japan immigration site or something official.

I would also remind you about recruitment and companies that are not aware of immigration restrictions. You will waste your time and money, doing paper works and paying for air ticket.
by fullabeans (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Can I enter Japan from America? 2021/6/24 17:33
As far as I know, this is the position that the Immigration Services Agency of Japan (under Ministry of Justice of Japan) is taking (document dated June 21st). So people traveling from the USA will be denied landing without gspecial circumstancesh (before that you would not be able to board the plane).
http://www.moj.go.jp/isa/content/001347332.pdf

The situation has been like this, with minor changes here and there, for quite some time already, that gnext two monthsh would be too optimistic. You could interview, see if you like the company/if the company likes you, but it is likely that when the potential employer starts the CoE/visa application, they might be told they are not processing new CoE/visas for the time being, or that it would take a very long time.
by AK rate this post as useful

Re: Can I enter Japan from America? 2021/6/24 17:56
Just adding that "I have a visa and work there (I am not a tourist)" is not a special circumstance for immigration.
by fullabeans (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Can I enter Japan from America? 2021/6/25 08:22
But is Japan allowing US foreigners to enter Japan right now?
I have answered a variation of this question recently, and the short answer is "yes", but the longer answer is it is difficult, and easier to do it not directly from the USA, but via a third country that is not on the current 159 places on the "denial" list. Read https://www.mofa.go.jp/ca/fna/page4e_001053.html
Chances are you will still need to do a 14-day quarantine somewhere.
by JapanCustomTours rate this post as useful

reply to this thread