Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Package hold by japan customs 2021/6/24 18:23
A package from US under the carrier ARAMEX is being hold in customs. Suppose to be all packages that is held in customs will contact the reciever to inform of the package that is being hold.. I wonder why the shipping carrier doesnt inform the reciever for the package that is being held . Is this the system of japan customs of holding package? In Philippines when package is on hold you will recieve a message from Philpost informing of package that is being held. Does japan customs system is not to inform the reciever but rather just hold it? How then to claim the package?
by jennie judan (guest)  

Re: Package hold by japan customs 2021/6/27 19:39
Lately i had a package sent from the US to myself in Japan. I was looking at the tracking, and somehow it was held for a day or two, after which it cleared. (Lately the Japan Post tracking seems to be a bit delayed.)
However, the customs office usually determine whether they levy any duty/taxes or not, and when the postal worker delivers the parcel to your door, they come with an invoice/receipt with the amount written it. You pay it upon delivery, you get the receipt, and you get the parcel.
by AK rate this post as useful

Re: Package hold by japan customs 2021/6/28 07:51
There isnt a need to inform you unless they need further info.
by H (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Package hold by japan customs 2021/6/29 15:50
No notice if the package is just being held to wait for delayed inspection due to covid 19, or the receiver's contact address and number are not written correctly so that there is no way for them to contact.
by Mabuhay (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread