Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Divorce Decree without leaving US 2021/6/30 03:14
How can I divorced decree from my xhusband back in Japan without leaving US? Please help.
by Nancy Hamm (guest)  

Re: Divorce Decree without leaving US 2021/6/30 12:25
I assume you are an American and the husband was Japanese, your marriage was based on Japanese laws, and now you have been back in the States, considering to remarry.

If it was based on Japanese law, then an gagreedh divorce is complete when it is reported to the city hall (no court involved), so we wouldnft really call it a gdecree.h If you can contact your ex-husband, then get him to send you an official duplicate of his gkoseki,h where his marriage to you was noted in (in the "remarks" column as facts relating to him), and later the divorce was written in. This should suffice as the proof of the divorce. It is in Japanese, so you might contact your nearest consulate/embassy of Japan in the US to ask if they do any translation services or can refer you to any official translators. Best wishes.
by AK rate this post as useful

reply to this thread