Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Rebun/Rishiri in June/July 2021/7/19 17:56
Hi.
Thinking of visiting the 2 islands next summer 2022.
Is end June or early July a better time to visit the islands ?
Is early July considered the start of the peak tourist season or ?
Thanks.
by lifesucketh  

Re: Rebun/Rishiri in June/July 2021/7/20 07:38
Is end June or early July a better time to visit the islands ?

It doesn't make a difference. They are equally nice and come with an equal chance of sun and rain (about 40% sunny days vs. about 25% rainy days).

Is early July considered the start of the peak tourist season or ?

The start of the peak tourist season is around July 20 when the school holidays start.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Rebun/Rishiri in June/July 2021/7/20 10:58
Thanks Uji, always good to hear from you.

I ask about July as a peak travel period because I noticed ANA (as an example) has some sort of blackout dates on their special Visist japan fare for foreigners from 1 July - 31 August.
Could it be because the July/August period is considered peakmost tourist season.
But guess you have answered my question there.
Thanks.
by lifesucketh rate this post as useful

Re: Rebun/Rishiri in June/July 2021/7/20 16:04
Could it be because the July/August period is considered peakmost tourist season.

Yes, that is the reason.

by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: Rebun/Rishiri in June/July 2021/7/20 16:07

We visited the islands twice: the first time was in late June, the weather was perfect then, but too early for "the flowers". We revisited the following year in late July, hoping a perfect timing to see "the flowers" and expecting better weather. Unfortunately, the Rebunto was covered with fog for three days, a rather unexpected experience.
by . (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread