Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Mistakes in previously approved CoE 2021/7/29 10:36
Thank you very much for reading this. I would like to receive your advice regarding this problem as below:

I am applying for working visa in Japan. My CoE application was just submitted to Immigration Bureau via an agency hired by my employer in Japan. All information in that CoE application is true.

The problem is, previously I have once applied CoE and have it issued (as a trainee). Now checking the application I made last time, I realized there is a mistake in the work history part. In 2015, I did job A & job B, each for around 6 months. But in previous CoE application, I wrote only job A for 12 months.

This time I wrote it correctly (the mistake was in the last time), but there will be discrepancies between 2 times of CoE applications. Is this a big problem, and what should I do in this situation?

Thank you in advance
by tobi59 (guest)  

Re: Mistakes in previously approved CoE 2021/7/29 19:11
Should be fine.

If they ask for confirmation? Explain it.
by H (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Mistakes in previously approved CoE 2021/7/30 09:58
I assume the previously issued CoE has been used already, or in any case not valid any more?

If that is the case, i would not worry - as the earlier poster said, if ever asked (unlikely), you simply have to explain.
by AK rate this post as useful

Re: Mistakes in previously approved CoE 2021/7/30 10:24
if "trainee" means 技能実習 and you again apply "trainee" or a similar one,like 特定技能, you may have troubles. immigration knows that there are fraud working histories in applications to make an applicant fit the category. so, discrepancies of working histories are convenient remarks for finding it.
by ken (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Mistakes in previously approved CoE 2021/7/30 13:02
It should be fine. If there is a problem, immigration will likely give you an opportunity to explain or request for more documents to verify what you say is true. However, if they do request for more documents, this will usually delay the approval or rejection significantly.
by Rejo rate this post as useful

Re: Mistakes in previously approved CoE 2021/7/30 13:07
Keep in mind that if you don't provide additional documents that they request or they determine you are lying, your application could be rejected.

This is partially determined by your company as well, in terms of how big they are and/or how hard they are fighting to get you approved. So minor issues can possibly get resolved.
by Rejo rate this post as useful

reply to this thread