Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

I want to study in Japan high school 2021/8/12 18:22
Hello!! I am 16 years old living in Myanmar. I really want to study in Japan high school!! That was my dream and definitely I have to make it success!! I lived when I was young in Japan until grade 3 at local school and back to myanmar. But still I study At Japanese school which is equal to local japan school until grade 7. And I transfer to International school. I finish Checkpoint which is by Cambridge. Now I want to study at japan high school and wants to live at Japan. May I have any opinions please?
by Adam (guest)  

Re: I want to study in Japan high school 2021/8/14 13:10
Hi, are you looking to go to Japan solo (without your parent or guardian) and study on an exchange program for some period as a Myanmar national ?
by m (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: I want to study in Japan high school 2021/8/15 06:26
You need to be able to speak, read and write Japanese to a attend a mainstram Japanese high school.

if you can type the above questions you asked in Japanese, then yes go for it. If not, look at alternate options.
by H (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: I want to study in Japan high school 2021/8/15 12:36
Before the language issue (which you might be proficient in, if youfve lived in Japan already for some years), as a minor, youfd need your parent or a relative as your guardian for living in Japan. Also there is no visa for studying in a senior high school, so youfd need to be a dependent of your parents working in Japan. Also, senior high school is not free in Japan, so youfd need to think of the school tuition as well.

Ifm assuming that you are a Myanmar national.

Does your current school have any short-term exchange program with another school in Japan?
by AK rate this post as useful

Re: I want to study in Japan high school 2021/8/15 13:18
You said that you still attend a Japanese school. If you meant it was one in Yangon, you should be a Japanese national (as their website says Japanese nationality is required to enroll that school) and able to speak Japanese. In that case, as long as you don't hold another nationality (e.g. Myammar) , I am not sure if an option of exchange program is available. According to another thread, there seem to be a program for minors (I have also confirmed its website) but I think that is not for Japanese national.
by m (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread