Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Can this be a reason for visa rejection? 2021/8/15 22:28
I applied recently for a language school. Supposing that I'm gonna get my COE, I'll have to go to the embassy in my country after.
What I'm worried about is, they know me to some extent because I applied for mext this year but failed. On the interview, they asked me if I would like to work in Japan and I answered yes. Could they reject my visa thinking that I'm not going to study there, but work illegally? I don't know if it matters but I'm not from a third world country
by DanielChris  

Re: Can this be a reason for visa rejection? 2021/8/16 05:38
Standard question. Your answer would determine if it hurt your chances or not.

If you said something like work was your main reason for getting student visa, that would hurt your chances.

If you said work would be a bonus but school is priority. Then no issue.
by H (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Can this be a reason for visa rejection? 2021/8/16 16:35
It also depends on your school. If it is a legit school (適正校), applicants of COE seem to be more trusted.

I don't think 'poor country or not' affects, but if it does, I think definition of poor country is the ODA recipients on DAC list, but still individual situation (financial statement, motivation, etc.) is more observed.

Actually many students from non-advanced countries who belong to non-legit schools have managed to get a student visa, so you should be ok as long as you understand that working is allowed with a permission just to supply expense (poket money) basically up to 28h/week. Good luck.
by m (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Can this be a reason for visa rejection? 2021/8/16 17:42
@DanielChris

The language school that you applied to is not providing any assistance with getting a student visa?

Clearly you should already know that mentioning your focus is on working as oppose to studying is problematic. Focus on getting your student visa first, then see what other opportunities might be available once you are actually in Japan.
by Rejo rate this post as useful

Re: Can this be a reason for visa rejection? 2021/8/16 17:59
@Rejo
Yes,they do provide assistance.
I don't want to work in Japan now. At the interview they asked me if I would like to work in Japan after finishing my studies and I said yes. Even if I wanted to I couldn't since I don't have a college diploma, I graduated from highschool recently
by DanielChris rate this post as useful

reply to this thread