Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Paid online English to Japanese translations? 2021/8/22 09:05
I'm looking for a fast and easy translation website for about ~300 words (from English to Japanese).

By "easy", I mean I don't want to have to mail in the document or get a manual quote before starting the translation.
by translation (guest)  

Re: Paid online English to Japanese translations? 2021/8/22 13:47
But then how would you know how much you’ll be paying, and how would the translator know the text, if you don’t want to e-mail the document?
by AK rate this post as useful

Re: Paid online English to Japanese translations? 2021/8/22 14:53
Have you tried DeepL? A free translation webpage?
by LikeBike rate this post as useful

Re: Paid online English to Japanese translations? 2021/8/22 22:20
Unless the translation is critical or for official purposes, usually Google Translate would be sufficient. The main issue with the translation is trying to translate complex sentences and grammar.

If you simplify the English and use more basic sentences, then usually you will see better results. If you know some Japanese, that can be helpful because you can correct minor grammatical issues.

If what you are trying to translate is something needed for business or official purposes, and must be correct, then there is really no other option than to hire a translator.
by Tango (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Paid online English to Japanese translations? 2021/8/23 00:06
>But then how would you know how much you’ll be paying

there are many websites that give a price before hand. For example $0.10 per word for casual translation, $0.30 per word for legal documents etc.

>and how would the translator know the text, if you don’t want to e-mail the document?

I am OK with emailing the document. I meant that I don't want to send the document by letter pack / snail mail / 郵送.

>Have you tried DeepL?

yes I actually like DeepL. Usually it is good, but sometimes it's just as bad as Google Translate
by translation (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Paid online English to Japanese translations? 2021/8/23 00:41
This will do.
https://gengo.com/
by Tai (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Paid online English to Japanese translations? 2021/8/23 10:48
「I am OK with emailing the document. I meant that I don't want to send the document by letter pack / snail mail / 郵送」 That probably won't be a problem. When I worked in translation, we never required the client to provide a physical copy of the document we were translating. If anything, it's easier for translators to work with an emailed/digital file, since we can more easily add notes to the text as we're working on it if we need to.

The only times I worked with physical documents were when the client insisted on it because they didn't want to provide a digital copy (usually for security reasons).
by . . . . (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Paid online English to Japanese translations? 2021/8/23 11:40
Oh, OK. If e-mailing the document is OK, that should be fine.
Still translators do want to look at the document to determine that distinction between “casual” and not, and apply one of the few different classes of per word unit price.

Then the rest is (if you are outside Japan and the translation company/translator is in Japan), how to remit the payment.
by AK rate this post as useful

reply to this thread