Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Any locker near Kawazu Seven Waterfalls? 2021/9/23 13:14
Hi!

I am planning a visit to Izu Peninsula. Specifically Mishima, Shuzenji Onsen and Kawazu Seven Waterfalls as a day trip. Plus would anyone recommend either Kawazu or Shimoda? I am interested in onsens, highlands and pretty and quaint shops and cafes.
Planning to do the whole trip by bus/train. If I decide to add Kawazu/Shimoda to my trip I wonder whether there is a luggage storage facility at Kawazu Seven Waterfalls? The Tourist Information Center perhaps? So we can just take the bus from Kawazu/Shimoda with all our luggage to Shuzenji Onsen but break our journey at Kawazu Seven Waterfalls for a few hours? Thus, saving on time and \c

Thanks, Mel
by Melanie Putra  

Re: Any locker near Kawazu Seven Waterfalls? 2021/9/23 15:32
You can consider to buy JR Fujisan mankitsu kippu and JR aozora free pass.

Izukyu rail 1 Day pass=1900 yen child=950 yen known as izu enjoy free ticket and you can buy izu dream pass .In this area you will get hundred of lockers if not thousands
by Jo (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Any locker near Kawazu Seven Waterfalls? 2021/9/23 20:57
Really? So many lockers? Where would their location be?
by Melanie Putra rate this post as useful

Re: Any locker near Kawazu Seven Waterfalls? 2021/9/24 01:23
You need to clarify something. If it is a day-trip, I don't see the need for lockers. Can you not store your luggage in the room you are staying?

Lockers are abundantly available at train stations, but not so much elsewhere.

In my trip to Izu Penninsula, I went to Atami, Mishima, Shuzenji, Kawana, Ito, and Shimoda. I did not go to Kawazu and waterfalls, so I have no info on that. Of all places I visited, I enjoyed Shimoda the most.

Shimoda has a historical significance in Japan (if you are into history), so there are more to see. It is where Commodore Perry stayed when he was in Japan. https://www.japan-guide.com/e/e6301.html

For a quaint cafe in Shimoda, try this place: https://goo.gl/maps/pDegH3UA1q8eXZp5A

by ITO (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Any locker near Kawazu Seven Waterfalls? 2021/9/24 07:46
MacLaine, can you clarify where/which city you are starting from in the morning and where/which city you will be staying at the end of the day? That would help.
by AK rate this post as useful

Re: Any locker near Kawazu Seven Waterfalls? 2021/9/24 08:11
After checking out from our stay in Shimoda it will be good if we can travel to Shuzenji Onsen by bus. Since the bus bypass the waterfalls, we drop by at the waterfalls and store our luggage at a locker for few hours. Once done with the waterfalls we collect the luggage and continue to Shuzenji Onsen. If no locker then no choice but to do a day trip to the waterfalls from Shimoda. Check out another day to travel direct to Shuzenji Onsen.

Re: Any locker near Kawazu Seven Waterfalls? 2021/9/24 09:47
When you say luggage - do you just mean day packs or all of your luggage.

The reason I ask - is that it's a REALLY EASY walk along the waterfall. If it's just a light backpack - it's probably easier to suck it up an carry it instead of trying to find a storage site which may have empty cabins.Scroll down towards the bottom of this post:

https://www.japan-guide.com/community/mfedley/report-949

From memory - there were lots of luggage storage areas at Shimoda but less at Kawazu station. To be honest - Kawazu is only really busy during the Cherry Blossom season.

Also - is there a reason you want to visit the waterfalls?

The reason I ask - is because I think the Jogasaki Coast which is on the way to Shimoda I think is a much better walk.

https://www.japan-guide.com/community/mfedley/report-1388

If you have the time, I'd actually stay at Ito or Shimoda for the night.

by mfedley rate this post as useful

Re: Any locker near Kawazu Seven Waterfalls? 2021/9/24 10:45
Itfll be my whole japan trip luggage - Probably a trolley bag 1 size above cabin sized per person. Also I much prefer waterfalls to oceans.

Re: Any locker near Kawazu Seven Waterfalls? 2021/9/24 11:44
After checking out from our stay in Shimoda it will be good if we can travel to Shuzenji Onsen by bus. Since the bus bypass the waterfalls, we drop by at the waterfalls and store our luggage at a locker for few hours. Once done with the waterfalls we collect the luggage and continue to Shuzenji Onsen. If no locker then no choice but to do a day trip to the waterfalls from Shimoda. Check out another day to travel direct to Shuzenji Onsen.

Re: Any locker near Kawazu Seven Waterfalls? 2021/9/24 12:44
So I just re-read your original post. There was no information center at the waterfalls when I visited from memory. There is no-where to store your luggage here as it's in the middle of the mountains. There were some shops in the general area - but if your going to travel from Mishima then I'd just leave my luggage at the Shinkansen station.

My suggestion would be to do the following....

(1) Catch bus/train from Mishima to Shuzenji. The bus is slower - but takes you directly to the tourist area.

(2) Walk around Shuzenji, visit some small cafes and there might even be an onsen here. When I visited - most of the onsens were in hotels and I'm not sure how open they are for day visitors if you can't read Japanese. This may have improved since 2014.

(3) Catch bus to Kawazu Waterfalls - then go back to Mishima.

This part of the Izu Peninsula is quite nice but can suffer from infrequent bus services and does not have as much to do. Also note that Shimoda is quite a distance from Shuzenji - plus I think travelling to Shuzenji, Kawazu Waterfalls + Shimoda is WAAAY too much traveling in one day.

This is an odd comment to make - but have you looked on google maps to see what is around. It also shows you different options on how to get between the different locations and really opens up what you can do. For example - there seems to be a kitschy Stream Train museum a fair walk from Shuzenji and a more impressive waterfall.

I'm also understand the allure of waterfalls - but found the Kawazu Waterfalls very meh compared to others in Japan.
by mfedley rate this post as useful

Re: Any locker near Kawazu Seven Waterfalls? 2021/9/24 17:34
I plan to stay overnight at Shimoda, Shuzenji Onsen and Mishima. Just not sure how many night yet at each place.

Re: Any locker near Kawazu Seven Waterfalls? 2021/9/25 03:56
There is one Onsen Inn, Amagi-sou, with outdoor bathing (swimsuit required) that is next to the Fall #1 (Kawazu Odaru). I watched a TV program about it and saved the location on my google map. You don't have to stay at the inn to use the outdoor Onsen, but reservation and fee are required.
https://www.amagisou.jp/sotoyu.php

https://goo.gl/maps/1SwHQKPZUK5ymG7F8

None of the seven falls by themselves look spectacular, but the attraction here is the hiking trail that runs along all seven.

by ITO (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Any locker near Kawazu Seven Waterfalls? 2021/9/25 08:56
I studied that ryokan. Not so good and steeped climb down to the Onsen if not mistaken. I will do the waterfalls track using the downhill route. Thus, no need to do uphill track 😮‍💨

reply to this thread