Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Exchange rates 2021/10/14 17:23
Hi.

I am leaving Japan for good.
I will withdraw my money and would like to exchange Japanese yen to Euro.
I have around 2,500,000yen.

What do you recommend? Should I exchange the money in Tokyo or in Narita airport?

Please let me know where I can get the best exchange rate .

Thank you.
by Lana (guest)  

Re: Exchange rates 2021/10/15 10:35
That is a lot of money. Better confirm you can carry that much money through your arrival countries customs.

You may be better of with a bank transfer.
by H (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Exchange rates 2021/10/15 11:15
Ummm…. Have you looked into making a bank transfer? The cheapest option I have found is Transferwise (now called WISE).
Assuming you have an account in Europe.
by LikeBike rate this post as useful

Re: Exchange rates 2021/10/15 11:18
Unfortunately, I can not open an account in Europe from here, so bank transfer is not an option. I have to take cash money.
by Lana (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Exchange rates 2021/10/15 12:57
As an alternative you could look in opening an account WITH Wise. A friend told me that they have good multi currency accounts.

If you really need to take the money in cash, ask for the exchange rate at your local bank, at Narita but also at a bank in Europe. Ie you can bring the Yen with you and exchange later in Europe. This would also allow you to wait for a moment where the exchange rate is more advantageous if you don’t need the money immediately.
by LikeBike rate this post as useful

Re: Exchange rates 2021/10/15 13:32
Don't forget to declare your cash when leaving Japan & entering Europe. If you don't and get caught, they can fine you or confiscate your money.
by . (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Exchange rates 2021/10/15 13:34
Yes, thank you. I'm keeping this in mind.
by Lana (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Exchange rates 2021/10/26 10:33
You could get a bankers check in euro from your Japanese bank
by … (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Exchange rates 2021/10/27 15:02
Maybe you can also make a positive transaction to your credit card. This should be also possible maybe.
by Glimpigumpi rate this post as useful

reply to this thread