Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Niseko for non-skiiers - gondola and lifts? 2021/11/8 13:09
I have a question about taking the gondola/lifts.
We planning a trip to Niseko in Winter, probably around Jan/Feb.
As it is a family trip, there are older people in the group, and some (in fact most) in our group can't ski. Everyone on the trip are over 21. Despite this, we are quite keen to visit Niseko as there is plenty to do even if not skiing.

I believe the gondolas will allow us to go up AND DOWN, can someone please confirm this, is this also true of the village gondola and village express?
Do any of the open-air chairlifts allow non-skiiers to go up and down, or are they only one direction? I suspect most if not all are one-way, but just thought I'd ask.

Also would appreciate recommendations as to good places to stay for a relatively comfortable and convenient experience (considering the over 60s) for a budget of around 40,000 yen a night per 2 persons, preferably with a meal included, or 35,000 without. We will be breaking up into groups of 2 for the night (parent-child, couples or siblings) and each would pay for their own room, not really interested in family rooms.

Thanks
by Jackson78  

Re: Niseko for non-skiiers - gondola and lifts? 2021/11/8 23:26
From nearest airport to niseko 106 km
So you arrived new chitose airport,hokkaido
You can go by resort bus or hokk resort liner
or hok chuo bus, or white liner bus cost 4500 yen for 1 way,take 3 hours .By JR ,you arrive kutchan station then 20 minutes by bus from kutchan station .by Ferry Tomakomai port
Or ferry from oma to hakodate port :car drive
by Kamishiromasaherodraco (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Niseko for non-skiiers - gondola and lifts? 2021/11/26 17:20
Although people on this site have knowledge, information based on their experience can be old and actual situation when you travel can be different. So I suggest you to contact the gondola companies to ask directly especially if you want to make it sure for your non-skier family. If I remember correctly, you and your millionaire mother plan to immigrate to Japan, I guess you know some Japanese which are enough to email or can afford an English-Japanese interpreter to contact the companies on behalf of you . What I can say now is only my prediction that they might have a service for going down as well because there are so many people from Asian hot countries. I hope borders will be opened and you will enjoy your vacation.
by NonNonBao (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread