Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Can I take the chairlifts at Niseko down? 2021/11/23 14:47
Dear all,

Just wondering if we can take the chairlifts at Niseko up AND DOWN.
I have previously visited some places in Japan such as the Mt Takao chairlift where you can take it both up and down, though clearly that is not a chairlift meant for skiers.

I am planning a trip to Hokkaido and some (most) of us can't ski. However we decided Niseko is still worth a visit, especially since it is on the way for us. The gondolas are nice but bonus points if we can take some chairlifts too.

Thanks.
by Jackson78  

Re: Can I take the chairlifts at Niseko down? 2021/11/23 17:43
Youfd need to ask the specific ski resort if you can ride their lifts down.

The background is that just like any other means of transport, the ski slope/lift operator must have obtained a permit to transport passengers up AND down, both ways, in order for you to ride it down.
Of course there seem to be exceptions made when people went up but were beginners and got too scared to ski down, or the weather turned bad by the time they reached the top so they decided it would be safer to ride the lift back down, and asked the attendant if they could take the lift down, and were OKfd.

For playing in the snow, maybe you could consider ClubMed type of gsnow resort,h where they have more than ski facilities?
by AK rate this post as useful

reply to this thread