Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

K-car address change and/or owner change 2021/11/30 20:00
Hi All:

I am relocating to Niigata prefecture and bringing my k-car with me.

I need to do the change of address procedure, change the number plate since it's a different prefecture. I may want to change the car owner to my husband's name at the same time.

My question is:

There are only 2 offices for changing address and/or owner for my area (自動車検査登録事務所) and both are over 2.5 hours drive! Normally I would just drive, but with snow and it been a 2 wheel drive k-car, it does not seem very safe even with snow tire on.

Is there an online application process? If not, are there companies that can do this on my behalf without the need to drive the car to the office? If there is such a company, what should I search for on the Internet?

Thank you
by hevene  

Re: K-car address change and/or owner change 2021/12/5 11:03
Since you have to submit some documents, I think online formality is impossible (like visa application) . How about asking the authority if formality with somebody on behalf of you (e.g a dealer) could be accepted?
by teijugaijin (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread