Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Financial aid/grant (USA) for language school 2021/12/1 14:09
Just a quick background. I lived so Japan until a few years ago. I self-studied Japanese, but my speaking is tourist-level, and less developed than my reading and listening. Recently, during my job hunt in the USA, a recruiter set up an interview with the American branch of a very well-known Japanese company. The interview went fine, until the manager spoke to me in Japanese. I understood some of what was said, but I didn't know how to respond. After bombing an interview that could have done wonders for my career, I'd like to try going to a language school, in case that opportunity arises again.

Anyway, I found a Japanese language school in my area. I'm wondering if there are familiar grants or other financial aid commonly used for language schools (Japanese or otherwise)? I've been searching scholarships and grants, and the ones I found usually expect students to study abroad, which I don't need or really want to at the moment. I can pay for one class out of pocket, but I would get more out of the school if I enrolled in more than one class, which I can't afford.

Any help on the subject is greatly appreciated.
by No Way Home (guest)  

Re: Financial aid/grant (USA) for language school 2021/12/2 04:52
Que:Do you currently Live in USA or in japan

If you already stay in japan,then my japanese friend will give you better information

Not only my j Friends but also my foreign friend take student Loans beside various sch olarship.We also earn money by part time job
by James (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Financial aid/grant (USA) for language school 2021/12/2 05:10
Are you looking for financial aid from the US to study Japanese in the US? If so, then apply for financial aid at the college you are enrolling in.
by . (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Financial aid/grant (USA) for language school 2021/12/11 07:19
Right, I'm in the USA, and I want to enroll in a Japanese language school also in the USA. It is an accredited school, but not a university.

The school says they don't offer financial aid, other than a discount for signing up early. So I've been looking for a grant or scholarship that I would be eligible for, if I have proof that I'm already enrolled in the school. If that works out, I can sign up for more classes, and hopefully fill the gaps in my language skill.
by Far From Home (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Financial aid/grant (USA) for language school 2021/12/11 11:07
I don't think many people here will be able to help you. This is a Japan-based site for mostly Japan-related inquiries. Yours is an America-based situation.
by . (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Financial aid/grant (USA) for language school 2021/12/11 19:53
It is same as that generally US government and organizations don't offer money Japanese people in Japan who want to study English in Japan. You ask somebody in your country. So the other platforms are better to see for your search.

By the way, financial support such as scholarship in Japan are usually for those Japanese full time students of legitimate school with jobless parent(s) or non-Japanese full time students of legitimate school with excellent academic records.
by kinrogakusei (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread