Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Current Ikeshima info 2021/12/9 07:36
Is this the current Ikeshima ferry times?

https://www.city.nagasaki.lg.jp/shimin/121000/121200/p027560.html

Does the ferry operate on Christmas and C New Years?

How do I buy a ticket? Ifve never taken a ferry.

Sorry my Japanese isnft good
by doc (guest)  

Re: Current Ikeshima info 2021/12/9 10:34
I found an website in English by Kaeru Parcels, made on May 11, 2016, that may help. It is titled how to get Ikeshima Island and where to Stayf. Times and prices have changed a bit, but I expect a that on a six year old posting.

It outlines three ferry services that go to Ikeshima Island from different ports. There are names in kanji by each port, so you can match them up with the current information that you suppled.

I believe the left schedule is the eto Ikeshimaf schedule, and the right is the efrom Ikeshimaf schedule. I believe the first pair is Konoura Port, the second is Sasebo Port, and the third is Oseto Port.

I hope this helps.

Good luck in planning your trip.
by ebaychucky311 rate this post as useful

Re: Current Ikeshima info 2021/12/9 12:41
The Shineimaru (ih) does not operate on Christmas (because it falls on the 4th Saturday of the month this year, not because it's Christmas) or New Years (Dec 31-Jan 3).

The other ferries do not have any off days listed.
by Rabbityama rate this post as useful

Re: Current Ikeshima info 2021/12/9 17:31
I'm using Google Translate, so please forgive me if some of my questions are dumb.

The departure times from Konoura Port/_Y` are...
6:45, 7:30, 10:30, 13:46, so on...

The departure times from Seto Port/ˍ` are...
7:05, 9:10, 12:44, 15:34, so on...

However, the top of the page says that there's only one ferry departure and one high-speed ferry departure a day (unless going between March 13th to August 15th - I'm going in this month).

So what time is the one departure from the ports and what time is the departure from Ikeshima?

I'm trying to plan what time to arrive at the port and then know what time to go back.
by doc (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Current Ikeshima info 2021/12/10 06:40
Rabbityama,,
It doesn't operate on Saturdays?
I thought it said Sundays?
Wouldn't that mean it's open on Christmas since Christmas is a Saturday?
by doc (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Current Ikeshima info 2021/12/10 13:05
The third column of each schedule is the ride duration. I am assuming the one with a ten minute duration is the high speed ferry. It cost more to go on it, too (fifth column).

I hope this helps.
by ebaychucky311 rate this post as useful

reply to this thread